just watched ronin

superb :)

a citroen xm that can outhandle and match a s8 for pace :)

hollywood dontcha just love em :)

Reply to
Rob

There speaks a man unaware of the XM 24v, and indeed, who has never driven an XM (or an S8) ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

funny you should say that richard :) :)

have driven (however briefly ) an s8 and i am indeed aware of the shitty V6 xm :)

tis almost as bad as the m5 being sort of matched by the private hire car driver weapon of choice : )

Reply to
Rob

Mission Impossible 2 went one better, at the end when he was on the motorbike the Toyota Landcruiser was able out accelerate him. Nevermind the changing of the tyres from road to knobly offroads twice without stopping.

Reply to
Homer

Some of the tunnel chase scenes with the BMW E34... the cars keep going the opposite way.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Rob" saying something like:

Nothing is faster than a hire car.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

When I worked at National Car Rental that was out Tag Line ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brant

White van actually!

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

Except a bread van.

Reply to
Conor

I'd give it a run vs the lotus elise I hired a few years back.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Great film. Greta car chases. Fuck the details!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

huh my company does a bit of work for national car rental, pointless bit of info for ya there :)

Reply to
Vamp

I've driven an A8, and owned several XMs. The Audi may be capable, but it's a bloody yacht, and stodgy. On anything except wide, clear roads, I seriously doubt an S8 would be anything like as quick as the numbers suggest.

And you might be aware of the shitty one, but you probably aren't aware of the LHD, DIRAVI equipped, original 24v XM. Which might be unreliable as a several year old car, but was very quick when new.

Bloke around here has an E28 M5 (I think - 1988). My RX is quicker, or he doesn't like to push it hard enough. ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Plus the bike had nearly as many gears as the one in Terminator 2.........

Reply to
Paul Laidlaw

I seem to remember a scene where a police peugeot 205 diesel races the s8 also!

Basic Instinct was one the other night, Mustang as quick as a Lotus Esprit?

Reply to
Paul Laidlaw

"Paul Laidlaw" wrote in news:YgUXf.13340$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

Looks at 205D in driveway with new found respect ;-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

lmao twit hehe

Reply to
Vamp

Hire cars go faster in first gear though.

Now, hired white vans...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What do you do mate?

Reply to
Richard Brant

The widespread introduction of electronic management and rev limiters have dampened down the appeal of hire cars.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp