just wondering, out of the regs who has.....

Yep, somewhere between 55-60 in second, but that is right near the redline, in the bit were useful power has already dropped off, so sensibly be in 3rd by 50-55, revs will go from 5kish, to about 3 and boost will still be spooled on the next gear shift.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I can just about hit 60 in 2nd, but you've gotta be very quick not to bounce off the limiter! Get there in about 8ish i think. Dunno about top speed, somewhere around 130 i guess. But its round the bends where it all counts :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

No, it won't.

You'll just about see 150mph - maybe. Pretty much the same as any other medium-performance sleekish car - Astra Coupe can get to 150mph with it's

197bhp.

There's a *HUGE* difference between 150mph and 155mph and 160mph !

Reply to
Nom

Exactly !

(Hint : That site says 150mph :)

And how fast do you think 160mph speedo-speed really is ?

(Hint : It's gonna be somewhere around 150mph, prolly a bit below :)

Reply to
Nom

*Very* rough calculation suggests a Nova will need around 500bhp to crack 170mph.

It must have been a LOONY-TUNED lump !

Reply to
Nom

I must be somewhere in the middle ?

0-60 in about 7s (6.5 to 7.5 depending where you look, and confounded further because the early and late V6 lumps were different - mine's got VVT, more power, more torque, a (much) wider powerband, AND better economy) and about 145mph top.

Pretty much the same as the standard TI in fact - I'm carrying an extra

100Kg-ish, but I've got 13bhp more, and 40Nm more.
Reply to
Nom

54bhp from a 1.5 litre petrol engine? That is *really* s**te! What's powering it - hamster piss?
Reply to
AstraVanMan

When I had my Seat Inca SDI I thought of actually connecting it up to a rice pudding to prove whether that could do the above - to settle it one way or another.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Out of interest, where are you, will you be looking for a quick sale of the E38, roughly how much will you want for it, and roughly what sort of mpg do you average from it?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, "Vamp" slurred :

Book speed is 240km/h, or 149mph. I would expect the speedo to show anything between 155-165mph at 150mph, so that ties in with the vid clip you mentioned. The cde of the '90 MR2 is 0.31, so with a frontal area of 2.1m^2 and

221BHp, I would calculate a Vmax of 149.06mph. Spooky, eh?
Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

True. Talking to the (youngish) car nuts in the workshop here, a very common perception is that the 'extra 10%' peak power they get from thier K&N and free-flow exhaust will get them an extra 10% top speed. I've given up trying to explain...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news:1gspq9e.11luwb11coqgqhN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) slurred :

I would have said my old AX diesel, but I periodically am obliged to drive my uncle's 1.0 corsa, which makes the AX feel like a flying machine. Someone recently described the 1.0 corsa engine as 'a peach'. It isn't. It's is s**te. Almost as s**te as the car it's nailed to, which is very.

*shudder* ..must...repress...memories...
Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "DanTXD" slurred :

I need 3rd to hit 45 :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news:ZhZUd.1441$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net, "AstraVanMan" slurred :

Out of interest, if you buy his 740, will you be looking for a quick sale of the audi, roughly how much will you want for it...... :-)

Seriously, tho..

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Or a micra :)

Reply to
Ed

Audi's off the road at the moment, but it may be for sale - mail me for details.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'll swap you the audi for my Honda MT5.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Said describer was Dervy, obviously....

Reply to
DanTXD

Its a 740i. MPG will be s**te. People like you need/deserve s**te old Fiesta Diesels :)

Reply to
DanTXD

And its pointier :)

Reply to