Kinda OT: Buying a motorbike over in the UK

Well, Steve did say airmail, not guaranteed air freight. Big difference. And the chzech postal system is the weak spot. Not dishonest, just bad. Things go into holding areas, and stay there. Nobody looks at them again.

Reply to
Elder

Of course.

Which is why he really should buy an ETZ301 for the trip. Much more suitable.

Once you get outside the major conurbations of Portugal, it's equally as '3rd world', but you're never more than an hour or so away from a big city with all the usual things, and more, that you'd expect from a city in the UK.

Still doesn't change the fact that, if, by any chance David Silver couldn't DHL something to you, all you need do is phone your breakdown company and have the bike and yourself recovered to somewhere the bike can be fixed in a reasonable time.

Reply to
SteveH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

Don't you believe it.

The Czech postal system isn't that bad really. Worse than ours, but not much worse. I see parcels from Cz on a weekly basis, nothing much seems to go missing.

Reply to
Pete M

You've been lucky then. Big John used to send things. He won't now because of orders going missing and people who did't know him as well as others thinking he was a dishonest bastard.

Reply to
Elder

Plenty of friends and rellies I can register it to over there. Won't be a problem.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Let me think about that.No. : )

I might have to catch up with some of you reprobates in the flesh. I imagine I will be flying into Heathrow then heading up to Scotland via Yorkshire where I have some friends.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I live in Yorkshire :-) You're welcome to come and dribble over my Clio :-p Not literally dribble *on* it you understand...

Reply to
Iridium

Oooooooh. Cool. You can take me for a blat and scare the crap out of me.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

There's probably a good chance I'd crash if I tried to show off, and probably kill us both. Is that ok?

Reply to
Iridium

Sure. You gotta die sometime. I've had 2 really near misses and one where I had to be brought back. I figure anything now is just bonus time.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston