Laptop for MegaSquirt

I've ordered up a MegaSquirt kit from the US and I'll probably need a laptop to set it all up. But I don't own one and don't really want one for anything else.

So secondhand would seem wise. What should I search Ebay for? I've got the software loaded on the PC and it doesn't look very taxing for the machine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One with a genuine serial port AFAIR.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

If it only needs setting up infrequently, borrow a laptop or use the PC with an extension cable.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

That's my understanding too. I have the LPG software and VAG COM on the laptop and the ability to take the car for a drive is pretty much essential, so a laptop it must be.

Megasquirt sortware will run on pretty much anything. I sold a Compaq Armada 1750 last week for 30 quid. Something like that would do you fine.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

On getting the Christmas decs out the loft today I've discovered a Toshiba Satellite 320CDS laptop and case. It works, it's got Win98, an Intel pentium processor and a whopping 64Mb of RAM. That any good?

Yours for postage and a beer.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs