Less than a week to go!

I'm actually looking forward to having a car which looks like a bathtub and has a small engine!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

you buying a nissan figaro?

Reply to
Theo

Nah, bathtub = Hyundai Accent. I'm sure that if you unscrew the aerial you'll find a plughole...

Reply to
Scott M

hehe, why are u getting one of those? btw have u seen the nissan figaro?

Reply to
Theo

Yargh, it's worse than both of those, it's a New Beetle Convertible.

Anyway, Figaros don't look like bathtubs, they look like marshmallows.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Eew! A new Beetle convertible? Why, why why? And why?

Anyway check out what Sniffpetrol had to say about those ages ago...hee hee...

and I just love the cabrio advert in this one...

spawn

Hey, is that an insult? I feel a bout of feistiness coming on! ;-)

Ho yus. Truly a Japanese car. And it no longer looks silly any more now the new Micra is out.

Reply to
Scott M

In my budget. Seats 4. Well made. Comfortable. Local dealer with good reputation. I've driven one and liked the vaguely Espace like dash/seating position. Very well designed roof. Glass rear window. Looks nice (IMO) - not 'Phwoar' nice, but 'At least someone made an effort' nice, unlike the Megane CC, 307 CC, 206 CC (oh, yeah, it's also not French, which is a bonus - I still like Citroens, but the Pluriel is silly). Oh, and I happen to like it.

Why I got a 1.6 is purely financial, however. 2.0 was over my budget by a manageable, but still 'noticeable' amount. 1.6 was under by twice that. I hope it isn't too slow, but I'm not expecting much of it.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Really ?!?!?!?

A couple of years ago, I used to drive work's brand new Espace regularly - and it was HORRENDOUS !

Reply to
Nom

What, the visibility? Admittedly I'm not one who feels the need to drive perfectly normal cars in the Boy Racer "I'm gonna look out the sunroof to drive" position, but still - I think you're the first person I've heard of who didn't like the Espace's driving position. Pedals aren't badly offset, wheel has some adjustment IIRC, and you can see everything. Only flaw was the gearshift, but the Beetle has a well-placed one.

I think X1/9s are comfortable, so I'm probably odd.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

ALL of it.

Driving Position was awful. It was VERY hard to judge where you were on the road, cos you sorta sit in the middle. It had the 2.0 16v lump, and it was WAY overpowered for the chassis (it lit up the front wheels in 2nd if it was damp outside). It felt like it was gonna fall over (really !) if you went round corners too quick. Powersteering was MASSIVELY overassisted - the first couple of times I drove it, I turned far too much at every corner, and nearly stacked it.

Basically, it was complete and utter tosh. The 60bhp Escort Diesel Vans and the Astra Turbo Diesel vans were MUCH nicer to drive - and that's saying something !

It was horrible in most ways, not just the driving position :)

Reply to
Nom

Yea but that Astra Turbo Diesel made the best noise from the turbo :D Was sooooo cool!

Reply to
Dan405

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:)

Reply to
Nom