liverpool victoria...

....don't cover modifications any more, according to the girl on the telephone. Which is a bit of a shame.

I suspect they might still renew exisiting policies, although I didn't ask about that.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

depends on who you speak to. Yes on existing mods on existing policies. but

If you want new mods on a new policy, they note the mods, but cover the car as standard with the mods noted but not covered. Thats fair as they don't increase the premium.

They have several approved mods. Non standard alloys (need a photo of them fitted and a reciept for value). Also car audio upto the inclusive value of the audio part of the policy. Tow bar, baby seat couple of other equally banal "Mods".

Couple of people have been told, "sorry no performance mods, and as you told us, we have to note it and your insurance may not be valid"

Response, "you mean you are cancelling my insurance and are going to refund the rest of my premium"

Reply "Hang on , I'll just check with my supervisor , your car is still covered, the mods won't be, but they are declared and noted, your insurance is still valid with no premium change"

Amazing how a quick word in the right way gets results.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Insurance is a scam. Mind you I've just saved £300 on the vrs by shopping around. Can't quite believe it - it's almost too good to be true but they've sent the documents and just need proof of my NCB.

Reply to
JohnR

Well, I've been looking at some other companies myself for when renewal=20 comes along.

I've heard fairly good things about e-sure and First Alternative when it=20 comes to mods, as are Privilege (and I will have real no claims this=20 year instead of the bumped up 69% they like to show on my renewals to=20 get it cheaper so I will stay with them) and the club does a deal=20 through Dorset inurance who are quite happy for mods.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

i had the same responce :( we don't cover mods anymore but tats the only reason i went with you in the first place oh do you still want my business? yes please thank you sorted :)

Reply to
dojj

Well, I've been looking at some other companies myself for when renewal comes along.

I've heard fairly good things about e-sure and First Alternative when it comes to mods, as are Privilege (and I will have real no claims this year instead of the bumped up 69% they like to show on my renewals to get it cheaper so I will stay with them) and the club does a deal through Dorset inurance who are quite happy for mods.

Reply to
Vamp

Privilege are Direct Line, Egg, The AA is that is any help.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net...

hello,

A lot of the smaller 1litre engined cars boy racers have and insure through that company don't have any real performance gain. A lot that have been messed with "by a mate" are more dangerous and should be stopped by police and examined, then taken off the road until put back to a safe condition. Some have wheels so big that the driver can't steer correctly, some have lowered suspension that is so hard the car will bounce over anything other than a flat surface and go out of control. The drivers are just trying to stay legal with a stupid looking car that hits 60mph in 15seconds and reaches 85mph. I've seen a lot of examples on the

website and even had a 1.3LX Escort follow me today - it was making a terrible noise. 5 door type with gigantic Cosworth spoiler on the boot lid, red plastic glued nearly halfway down the windscreen and the car was actually bouncing over bumps in the road. I shouted over to the driver that his exhaust had fallen off, only to see this thing the size of a bin strapped to the bumper. I still wonder why people bother with sticking bits over their cars, most of us KNOW that it doesn't make them any faster. The only way to get a faster car is to buy one with a bigger engine. Imagine the money the boy racers could save! Adding a K&N to suck hot air from around the engine, then sticking a 3inch exhaust on will do NOTHING, it can make performance worse. The people advertising "performance mods" are aiming at 17year olds with little driving experience and no knowledge of cars and making a fortune out of them. Fortunately people grow out of it after a few years of being laughed at.

Reply to
Fred

you could have said that in a lot less words, took me hours to get you're obvious point :)

Reply to
Vamp

Don't feed it :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Sounds like many of the people on the MSC hahaha. Nahh even we have standards, even if your 0-60 time is close for many of the members!

No its not! I have a 1.0 car and its faster than many cars on the road.

Yeah then spend it on pens and spray paint to graffiti everywhere!

Or even soon given a source of reliable and accuate education.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Sorry but I just had to :>

Reply to
Ed

Aw f*ck.

Does that mean we have to laugh at you for a few *years* before you stop posting here ?

Reply to
Nom