Locking up a distributor.

I'm going to have a go at programmable ignition on a Rover V-8. But will retain the distributor for the trigger etc. So will need to lock up the centrifugal advance mechanism. I have a spare distributor to play with. So as not to re-invent the wheel any tips on doing this?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Make solid links to replace the springs. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Dave

Megajolt ?

If so, why not just go for a trigger wheel ?

(I know, exactly what you didn't want to hear.)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Or even simpler, wire the spring posts together. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Or do as someone did on a mates Caterham 1700 Xflow and put a blob of MIG weld to fix it in place. Engine ran so much better when it was removed and the engine had an advance curve again.

Reply to
David Billington