Lol, oh the fun of weird car ownership.

As the regs will know, the fuel gauge sender packed up about 3 weeks=20 after I got the Saab.

And Saab don't do one, but Euro carparts list one, never seem to stock=20 one, but want =A360 for one if they can get them in. Local scrappy had a Saab in, but wouldn't hook up a battery to operate=20 the central locking for the boot, didn't know where the key was, and=20 wouldn't bust the boot open, so they lost =A320.

Arranged with a guy from Rhyll to meet him halfway at Deeside college=20 today, and pickup a spare from him, on his way to work, for =A310, worth=20 the risk I thought.

Got it home, stripped out the boot, got the top of the old one out, but=20 the tube/wires/sender for the rest of it is hidden in the tank.

Fuel was almost right upto the top of the sender hole, even though I've=20 done 150 mixed miles since last fill up. Fitted new sender, plugged in,=20 started car, fuel gauge needle goes up. Woohoo, keeps going up, goes=20 right past the top of full, when I should have used 1/4-1/3 of a tank.

Bum, wonder if being transported on it's side in my glove box, it has=20 jammed at the top, and being bounced arround vertically it will drop=20 loose. Don't want to shake it about unsupported as the inside of the=20 flat tube is quite delicate, as I found out trying to repair my old one.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2