Looking at a different car

Nice, but no. Much too easy to break. Something more like.

The proper original 70/80's SL. Really nice, in a slow cruising driveby kind of way.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Lol chet how the f*ok can you sell one of them for 130k? you can buy a 53 plate for 50k.

Is it some sort of special car? and if he is selling 130k cars, I'm going to have to up his webhosting charge :) hehe

Reply to
Ronny

I like the headlights as well but the rest of it's spot on.

Reply to
Depresion

Superb!

Reply to
DervMan

Once we'd established which one we were talking about, I still said no.

Reply to
SteveH

Nahh, people on here talk shit!:-)

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but as I said before people on here who slates cars like that are generally people that can't afford them. The Audi TT gets a beating too, why? For 95% of the people that buy any car like that, it's not going to go on a track, your not going to care that you can't feel every pebble on the road, and your not going to care that an S2000 can get round a track a whole 2 car lengths faster on the top gear test track or whatever. However, it is powerful, looks sexy(or did, as it's getting a little tired and there are about 50,000,000 on the roads now) and is 4wd (haldex or not who cares, it does the job). Well ahem, after that mini rant I tend to aggree with everyone on here :p...to a point.

I could never say its fugly at all. But I don't think it's the greatest looking car in the world. The convertable version oddly IMO is much much nicer looking than the coupe version even with the top up (and especially with the top down!). I don't hear great things about the build, it's not particularly fast for the engine size and money, so on paper it doesn't seem all that much...:-(

Though, I know exactly where your coming from about having a Merc in the driveway and the prestige/image it has, and that is why people buy Mercedes! Regardless of their faults it for the most part projects an image most other cars can't beat. In the same way you buy a car because you like the way it looks and you like people to say oo, nice looking car and people staring as you drive. You buy a Merc like that so people say oo it's a Merc etc etc. I hope you get the jist of what i'm trying to say, cos im going now and can't be arsed to type anymore crap:-)

Reply to
Andy R

Your having a laugh?? All those SL's look like dated crap...

Reply to
Andy R

Hart to Hart :)

Reply to
Ronny

Yup I know exactly what you saying, and its true, when you hit your 30's you sorta go through an Identity crisis, and start appreciating things in life, thats why I like the CLK, and it has that wow factor for laymen, plus it comes up shiney when its clean, something you just cant do with a mondeo or a vectra.

Reply to
Ronny

You appear to be suffering a mid life crisis 10 years early ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

I may only live till im 60, maybe even die younger :) < the optimist

Reply to
Ronny

Personally, I don't give a toss what other people think about my car and it's image. That's why I have a 75....

Reply to
SteveH

I thought that said "ladymen" for a minute there.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Bwahahahaha.

Nail --------> Head.

Reply to
SteveH

No you don't, you've got a Passat cos you didn't like the expense and unreliability of commuting in a SOWopmobile.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh. If I could get a decent 156 / 166 for £2k, I'd have bought one.

Breaking news:

Alfa Romeo in better residuals than VW shocker

Reply to
SteveH

Not dated, classic, and one of the most popular "Cool" cars at the moment. And they have been since they were first released.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I take it his pricing is in Euros, not GBP. That would make a difference. Still not cheap, but better.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Er, speak for yourself.

I could have comfortably bought a CLK instead of the Pug, had I chosen to do so.

Because it's boring, common, and gay.

Most of us don't care about it's track performance etc. - I drive a metric-fuckload of ginormous barge FFS :)

I could.

It's fugly.

I did lots of coupe-research from that era when I bought mine. The Pug and the 3-series always came out on top - and the Pug has the bonus of looking rather swanky too. The 3-series coupe is *so* not a coupe ! The CLK was just behind, and the Volvo C70 always came out as a bit mediocre.

If anyone's interested, I can post the articles on the web for perusal...

But Ronny has an Audi already ! I'd rate Audi as carrying more prestige than Mercedes.

Aw shucks - I did that :)

Reply to
Nom

LOL!