Looking for neon dust caps

seen them on TV, the ones that leave letters in the air not the flashing ones, anyone know what I'm on about ?

Reply to
ß Ø ® G

You want four different ones, a C, U, N and T.

Reply to
Conor

is this a car mag then ? I'll have a look out for it today thanks

Reply to
ß Ø ® G

Surely you must have a subscription?

Reply to
Conor

who said they where for a car ? :)

Reply to
ß Ø ® G

good shop that is, sent them an e mail on the address given on their site and

thats well handy :(

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

: host mail.speed553 5.3.0 ... No such user here

Reply to
ß Ø ® G

Well it is uk.rec.CARS.modifications so its a pretty reasonable assumption.

Reply to
Conor

The ones that aren't neon?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

really? I thought you were allowed to put lights on the sides of your car unless they were orange (or red at the back, white at the front etc).?

Reply to
Simon Burrows

well... from your sig I'm gonna assume they're for a Trike or a Motorbike. Both applications equally as distasteful as a car.

Bikes rock... and again, if a neon installation in done correctly on one they can look absolutely excellent. It'll be hard to make these look good though, mate.

By all means try and prove me wrong, if it looks cool I'll gladly admit it :-)

Reply to
Simon Burrows

if i get it sorted I'll post a note on here and let you see some pics, its only ideas i'm running through my mind at the moment but then thats how all good designs and custom jobs come about. power to the gas hacksaw

Reply to
ß Ø ® G

think there reflectors and not lights, but would the top bit then make flashing lights on council vans, police cars etc illegal ?

Reply to
ß Ø ® G

They are a small block with 7 or 8 single LEDs in a straight line. The various LED's switch on and off as the wheel rotates, and thus builds up the 'image' of the letters.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

constabulary

I was assuming they weren't going to be orange :)

Reply to
Simon Burrows

ahh yes i see what you mean, don't they use LEDs in the other neon type caps then ?

Reply to
ß Ø ® G