Looks like changing cars is pretty popular at the moment.

I've lost the parking space for the Charger so it has to go. Looks like I'll even make a few bucks on it. First time for everything. My wifes boss has offered me his 2004 WRX for what he was offered as a trade in on a new STI. So I'm advertising my car tonight and if it sells reasonably quickly I'll be driving a post bug eyes shape black WRX sedan Clubspec with black leather and a sunroof. Woohoo!!!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Strange isn't it. We've both gotten one of our dream cars, and for whatever reason aren't keeping them. Weird. Your because of space, mine because of need for a little work needed that I can't afford.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

My biggest problem with the Charger is that to make it my dream car I'd need to drop $20k into it. And I'm damned if I'm going to spend $30k on a car again so I can sell it for f*ck all. Other probs are a lack of aircon and I can't get the baby seat in it. It doesn't even have a parcel shelf for a mounting bracket. Wifey doesn't like it much either and refuses to drive it. Which means I can really only drive it by myself which limits me to taking it to work and home occasionally. That and old cars really do drive like crap compared to new ones.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I knew the roof would need doing, and was prepared for that. I guess the windscreen might need replacing eventually, there is some=20 delamination in the extreme corner of the passenger side and a couple of=20 chips, but both passed an MOT 2 days before I collected it.

But I found some rust in the windscreen pillar. Nothing terminal, it=20 took brute force and ignorance to discover it was a little deeper than=20 just surface under cracked paint. With glass cover, I could probably get everything sorted for about =A31k=20 GBP (new roof fitted (=A36-800), screen surround welded and sprayed (just= =20 satin black), and new screen fitted (might as well while the other one=20 is out for the welding to be done properly)). Depending on whether I get=20 any interest in the car as the weather gets better, I might get the=20 welding done anyway, then get the roof done before next winter, not that=20 the summers are much drier.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

NOOOOOOOOO. SELL. THE. HOUSE.

Reply to
Conor

Welcome to the world of classics.

Reply to
Conor

But you're likely to lose more on the Saab than it would cost to get it sorted......

Reply to
SteveH

Nope. Probably lose about =A3300 max including the tyres if I sell as is,= =20 especially now we are after the new year. Will cost about =A31k to put right. The guy that looked at it said it was= =20 actually priced low for the overall condition and work already done. He=20 didn't buy it for other reasons.