looks like the scooby bubble has burst

Bloody hell Scoobs are going for silly money these days,

cleanish taxed and tested uns for 2 and a bit grand upwards. And its not just one, theres a whole glut of them on autotrader. i feel a replacement for the cavvy coming on :)

Reply to
Rob

Send me one then. Round our way (with 40 Mile). In the =A31k-3k price bracket we have

1 turbo auto wagon=20 1 unregistered 1996 import turbo saloon 1 N reg trubo 2000 with 110k miles on it. 1 auto WRX wagon 1 k reg WRX with 104k and some chav bits like "Privacy glass", and "New=20 Style bonnet" All the rest are sport or 1.6 GL models and mainly wagons

To find mainly turbos I'm looking at =A33-5k. And that is mainly wagons for WRX or some saloons for the turbo 2000's=20 or the occasional auto WRX saloon.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

try searching nationwide then

Send me one then. Round our way (with 40 Mile). In the £1k-3k price bracket we have

1 turbo auto wagon 1 unregistered 1996 import turbo saloon 1 N reg trubo 2000 with 110k miles on it. 1 auto WRX wagon 1 k reg WRX with 104k and some chav bits like "Privacy glass", and "New Style bonnet" All the rest are sport or 1.6 GL models and mainly wagons

To find mainly turbos I'm looking at £3-5k. And that is mainly wagons for WRX or some saloons for the turbo 2000's or the occasional auto WRX saloon.

Reply to
Rob

and just for you :)

1994 SUBARU IMPREZA Turbo 2000 4WD 4dr Saloon, Petrol, 94,000 miles, . UK Car, Black, 94,000 mls, full Subaru service history, recently serviced, Cat 1 immobiliser, gold 16" alloys, e/windows, pas, c/locking, 5 speed, excellent example. £2,800. ONO. Tel: 01324 62651 or 07976 910841 Distance: 17 miles Price: £2,800

1997 SUBARU Impreza Turbo, P reg. UK car, 6 months tax, 8 months Mot, 18 alloy wheels, Magnex exhaust, Pioneer CD player, Sti front splitter, in lovely condition. £2,895. 01698 200200.

Race Course Trade sales

1994SUBARU Impreza WRX, L reg. 77000 miles, metallic silver, Jap import, 8 months Mot, 16 alloys, de-cat exhaust, cat 1 alarm, AC, E/W/M, ESR, top end and clutch just done (£500 receipts), new belts fitted, front lip spoiler and boot spoiler,. £3,950. ono, no agencies. Tel: 07970 871845 or 01563 525911 Distance: 21 miles Price: £2,950ono.
Reply to
Rob

Do it. You won't go much faster for less money. And they are reliable as hell. Just don't abuse the gearbox too much and you'll be fine.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

early ones are slower than a standard MR2 turbo i think aint they? grab an later import STI if you can, heard they aint bad :)

Reply to
Vamp

Not mine. ; ) But the STI is the pick of the bunch. But a lot more cash.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

hehe, i do like them and the 'i've got a spark plug that aint working' noise :) trouble is here in england i'm in deep dark Essex home of the Chav it seems and the scooby is the new Cossie sadly which is why they charge me £2k FC for a scoob on insurance but only £850 FC on an MR2 turbo (more when my ban gets whacked on the licence i bet!) :(

still when the licence is a close to clear and i'm a bit older with a few years of NCB i've promised myself a Supra fingers crossed as i love the noise of the 3litre twin turbo with a nice exhaust hehe.

think i'd go Evo over a scoob just to be different where i live!

Reply to
Vamp

BTW, UK models, turbo 2000 and WRX and and all other turbo models have the same power. It was only Imports that had differnent power outputs for the model. UK ones were all the same but with different interior/suspension etc specs.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

22B? Seems there are only 15 official UK cars thou all others are imports. Even the official cars came in on SVA.
Reply to
Peter Hill

That would be the exception, but even that was was imported and SVA'd by th ecompany to get it in.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That was my problem, and of all the Jap cars I bought the GT4 because it=20 looked good (as you know I was looking for an Import Prelude VTEC) was=20

4x4, 2 litre, turbo, jap and had a big scoop, but wasn't a Scooby.

I like the Scoob, but it is getting the be the Orion of it's day. "Boys drive Escorts, Men Drive Orions, that Orion is a Mans car" I seem=20 to recall being said some where.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

You'd actually pay that for an 11 year old shed?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Different price bracket. Evo's are *much* more expensive than Scoobies !

Reply to
Nom

Except for the P1, which had 275bhp. All the rest were 215bhp.

And that's only for pre-2000 cars. 2000 onwards, were 220bhp and 260bhp, except the WR1 which makes 315bhp.

Reply to
Nom

Wasn't ever officially available in the UK.

Reply to
Nom

I must be turning into a grumpy old git, 'cos I, worryingly, find I agree with you far too often these days.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm very tempted by a Sport. OK, so you don't get the turbo or a hell of a lot of power, but...... point one at a twisty road and you'll leave behind a lot of much faster stuff.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes it was.

22B "Type UK" In late 1998, Subaru UK officially imported 16 22Bs (described below), and passed them on to Prodrive for modification. The UK cars differ from the privately imported 22Bs, not just in their 3 year factory warranty, but with revised gear ratios more suited to UK roads. The was acheived by changing the final drive ratio from 3.9 to 4.44 to lengthen the gearing. Cosmetically, the car got the headlights from the '99 model, UK rear light clusters and driving lights (not fog lights!) were fitted where the normal 22B has blanking plates. From the back, you can tell you're looking at one of the rarest cars in the world by the "Type UK" and "Prodrive" stickers. The price was £39,950, and demand for the cars was overwhelming. Interestingly, Subaru UK were not able to put their 16 cars through the Single Vehicle Approval scheme because the maximum of 50 privately imported 22Bs had already been registered in 1998. Consequently the Type UKs were registered in 1999. The cars do not meet European Type Approval regulations for noise and emissions.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Cheers, I knew it was something like but didn't know the details. And if you are going to spout half the story, usenet is as good a place to do it as anywhere.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar