Lordy was right, there is something in the air...

...causing us all to crash :(

It drives, back left panel is shafted, back left door is bent, but closes/locks fine etc, it ain't bad. The white van in the incident came off much better, broken light, bent wing and scratched bumper.

Good job i'm insured with protected NCD! It wasn't my fault i don't think, but the van driver thought it was, so its probly gonna go 50/50...

My first crash - and first insurance claim. Heres hoping its the last...

Reply to
Dan405

Was it a Transit then? :)

Reply to
DervMan

doh, bad luck :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nearly stuffed mine today - I was pootling along at 28 towards a turning on the left - a few cars coming out and turning right as usual, I keep a steady speed (to avoid them thinking I am turning left or letting them come out) and a silly bint looks right at me and then pulls out when I am right on top of the junction! I brake very hard and lean equally hard on the horn.

It has happened before too - earlier in the year I once nearly slid my Camaro into a white van that did exactly the same thing, and it happens to a smaller extent every other week. Fsck knows why because there is stacks of visibility and even at rush hour 3/10 cars go straight on as I was.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

That's what happened to me, stupid cow just pulled out as I was going past. Got my first quote for the damage today, £876 + VAT. The front wing was £180 alone !

Bad luck Dan :/

Reply to
Lordy

It's getting all too common. What I don't understand is why the numpties stare at you and wait until you are too close to brake to a standstill before pulling out.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I think they look at you but don't see you.

Reply to
DervMan

Jeeeez, when a vectra hit my Rover, the wing cost about £20. Are ti's arches flared or something?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That is seriously scary then. That they can let a huge 4x4 with its headlights on get to within a couple of car lengths and still not see it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It is scary. Very scary. But this is the only thing I can think of. Yes, it is difficult to ignore something big with two bright headlights lit up, or for that matter most moving lit objects, but how else to people just drive out right in front of you?

. . . then try to blame you!

Reply to
DervMan

Arrogant stupidity and a belief that you will be able to stop in time.

See above.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Right, we need to keep on telling the world that Ford brakes are duff. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I had a bloke pull out in front of me a while ago. I was only doing 25mph and had plenty of distance to stop, but I had to brake fairly hard. I wonder if me having my headlights on made him think I was flashing him out, as he gave me a wave whilst he was making his turn.

Reply to
Doki

Yup. Backed into a post. Paint has flaked off bumper.

Peter Hill

Because our local "safety" scheme has given us humps and raised junctions people pull out on me all the time thinking I've flashed them. One day I'll ram them.....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I can beat that, I was in a black and white Yank cop car complete with lightbar - I don't think "I didn't see you" would wash with me!

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Nope, and (afaik) no different to cooking model 600 wings. That's main dealers for you...

Reply to
Lordy

they might be different y'know.... i'll check tomoz.

Reply to
Theo

Nope - that's dealer price. I suspect it would have cost more than £100 from a dealer, for your Rover 200 too !

Reply to
Nom

Mine came from a main dealer (albeit at trade :))

Reply to
Carl Gibbs