lotus esprit gearbox

what make of renault did it come out of? i need to fix one for less than £5k :)

--

*shakes fist*

poster in disguise

Reply to
dojj

The GTA I think- which in itself was a slightly modded R25 box.

tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

According to Classic & Sports car and some googling it's a Citroen SM gearbox in the original, which was later swapped for a Renault 25 box (1987ish?). The guide price for the gearboxes says "Citroen / Maserati" and Renault. Not entirely sure why there's the Maser link...

Reply to
Doki

Some SMs used a maserati engine IIRC

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

All SMs used the Maserati V6.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

cheers for the replys lads :) any ideas about where to go and get one fixed then? apparently they run out of spares and no one does a fix for them :(

--

*shakes fist*
Reply to

GTA, Alpine, 30, 25, 21 and 20. To name a few :)

-- Chet

Chet

Stands to reason as the M in SM stood Maserati. Not sure about the S Sport or Super?

Peter Hill

Couldn't comment - but I do know that they all have the 24 valve V6

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

they were made in the factory that made the Trafic van, in Dieppe. I think the van gearbox is interchangeable, but I suspect the ratios could be interesting with a van 'box in..

Reply to
Pete M