Lowered Streetwise

Hello,

How are you all doing? I thought I'd brighten up your dull Sunday by telling you all about my weekend's work.

I've had a Streetwise (1.4 16v 84Ps) for a couple of months now, but I decided something needed doing with it. I've spent the weekend doing the following:

-lowered her about 5 inches using Raleigh Activator suspension (bought

4x of these off Ted down Roehampton scrapheap). Trouble is one is a bit stiffer than the others so she leans towards one corner, but not too much.

-put a full MG bodykit on her, but I moulded most of it myself using Florist's Oasis, coated with 'Fix-It' spray to make it waterproof. I then sprayed it to match the body colour (after using primer obviously).

-put a 17" exhaust on her. You'll appreciate this wouldn't fit in the normal position of the tailpipe on the Streetwise. I therefore used my mate Sam's plumbing equipment to route the exhaust out the side and up past the rear side panel (it's 3 door) so I have a Jugganaught style exhaust on top. It's definitely worth the trouble though, get excellent sound at anything over about 5mph.

-blackened the windows, which I did by mixing black Parker ink with Ronseal Quick drying clear varnish. It did exactly what it said on the tin. You have to be careful to keep mixing the varnish and ink otherwise you get a gradient effect on the windows.

Now she looks (and sounds) pretty good at the moment, I've yet to work on the ICE but I'm sure I'll rustle something up.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what else I could do?

Regards,

Keith

Reply to
Keith Burtons

Give me £25K and I'll build you something that you really can't take the piss out of.

Still glad you had a nice Sunday. I spent it upsetting a rather tasty 911 around Bruntingthorpe.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

For the serious 'racer' look, you need a rollcage made out of B & Q plastic plumbing pipe.

Reply to
Mark W

You're not the bloke who built the legendary V8 datsun are you?

Reply to
Doki

ther one with the supercharged chevy v8?

Reply to
Theo

I can't remember, ISTR the story culminated in him blowing it up with a box of fireworks to get the insurance money :P.

Reply to
Doki

So you've bought a car where the design ride height is about 5" more than a standard 25...

And then lowered it.

The mind boggles.

Reply to
Scott M

You didn't read it did you...

'Raleigh Activator suspension'

Please lord....not another Vamp...

Reply to
Dan405

the mind boggles... :P

Reply to
Theo

Sounds like a set of springs from a bicycle. It's not some sort of hydraulic low-rider kit, is it?

Reply to
Scott M

The mind boggles. ;)

-- Chet

R19 16v Turbo - Under Construction R21 TXE - Under Destruction

Reply to
Chet