lpg conversions?

If you don't mind the loss of boot or spare wheel space (which I guess you don't, since you're considering LPG), why not go down the route of converting a diesel car to take straight veg with a twin tank setup:

Ok, is this kit pricey? Maybe you could DIY your own?

Reply to
Abo

I went and retrieved the boy from school recently, and some guy turned up to pick his kid up in a Land Rover Defender. Big lift kit, roll bars, lights, snorkel etc. Full off road job but I've seen this on a Sunday

*caked* with mud...
Reply to
Abo

WTF Vamp, have you even seen one never mind been in one ?

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Heh, I was thinking that. The only memories I have of riding in a Cherokee are that I'm pretty sure it was the worst car I've ever been in, in every single way.

Reply to
Iridium

well yeah call me a tosser but it wasn't that bad, loads of room and auto and i could park it easier than some of the other shit we had out in the yard.

Reply to
Vamp

There's 4 within 2 miles of me here..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I see little difference between someone who spends money on customising a pickup, off roader like that described, to somebody else who spends their money on a cars mechanics. Uprating the engine, brakes, and suspension. Adding body kits, special paint jobs etc. IMO both are wasting their money, but if it's something they enjoy doing, who am I to criticise them?

I have a friend who must have spent thousands over the last 2-3 years on his cars engine, exhaust system, brakes, suspension. It's become his hobby. Outwardly the car still appears std, but is there any real difference between what he is doing, and the guy that goes in for drastic alterations of a vehicles appearance? I think not. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

If they enjoy it how is it wasting there money? It's like a Sky subscription or fishing.

Reply to
Depresion

I wrote IMO. Obviously they don't believe the same. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Checks name of newsgroup.

Yep, I 'was' right.

;-)

P.S. Modifications are only all right if I approve :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

All depends doesn't it? Throwing a load of chrome and spotlights at an L200 won't transform it into a decent vehicle so personally I wouldn't do it. However, it can make 'em look quite funky in their own way, so if the owner likes the way it looks and doesn't care / know better about the way it drives, good luck to 'em.

Your mate who's spent money making a standard looking car go well does things they way I prefer to do them. To me, that's worthwhile. To the bloke with the blinged up L200 it's a waste of money.

Reply to
Pete M

I sort of agree, except one persons' nail is another persons ideal machine. Lots of people questioned how sensible it was to modify the 1.3 Endura-E Ka, but they're coming about it from the wrong perspective. I didn't modify the Ka to make it quicker in a straight line, but, to be how I wanted it.

I modified it for me, not for a magazine feature / attract wimmin / car park appeal.

When I look back at what I did to the Ka, most of it was internal, or, "don't care what it looks like all that much." I didn't like the styling of the XR2i rims *but* 185/60/13s suited how I had the car set up. I was looking for some lightweight 5.5J 13s in Ford fitment, but it wasn't a priority.

The exhaust was vanity though. :)

Reply to
DervMan

3 in Warrington, couple of motorways places just outside and a couple of trade places, and then 2 more within easy drive of the old office, and 3 within easy drive of the new office. Got a shell and a couple of BPs as well as independants.
Reply to
Elder

Fishing costs money?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Of course it does. Ask a fisherman. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I've never paid to go fishing.

Of course, if you're talking dullard fishing on inland waterways, then, yes, you pay for it - but you never pay for proper fishing.

Reply to
SteveH

I don't know what you mean by "proper fishing", but to have any degree of success, any type of fishing requires you have the essentials, like rods, reels, lines, hooks etc. All of which need to be bought, so to suggest that fishing doesn't cost money is not exactly true. Even getting to the fishing sites is unlikely to be free of cost.

Having said that, a guy I once knew who was a keen fisherman, claimed his fishing prize money just about covered his expenses.

I will always remember a funny story he told of an occasion when he and a mate hired a small rowboat, anchored and started fishing just off a rocky coastline. His mate got a bite and hauled the fish on board the boat. Turned out to be a very annoyed conger eel a few feet long, snapping at anything within reach. They both jumped into the water to get away from it. It eventially got out of the boat on it's own, allowing two very wet and unhappy fishermen to climb back in. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Right, so there's even non-dullard ways of fishing now?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh, OK, I guess that like car modification, how much you spend depends on how seriously you take it.

(c:

Cost to me of modding the Mazda so far: £0

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Fishing is good *becuase* it's dull surely? No stress, just sit back and chill with a few cans? Although I suppose the fishermen that fish off the sea wall in Scarborough can't really do that...

Reply to
Iridium