Mad "Bored Friday" thoughts.

No, but I've always like US 70's style custom vans, surf style VW campers etc, and the Jap "Executive" van looks to be the latest incarnation, and I love it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

At the moment, it would be nice to average 26MPG ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

> for my experiences with a brand spanking new 2.0 16v (in 2001).>

Cheers, time to dream about the alternatives then. Toyota Previa, Mistubishi Delica (4x4 TD on stilts)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Zip it! Performance isnt that bad, and handling is OK, not to mention the tail-out abilities in the wet!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What sort of figures are you getting ?

My trip computer's been sat at 25.9mpg for the past thousand miles or so - which I don't think is bad at all for 210bhp/285Nm/1400Kg.

Reply to
Nom

I work it out manually from from the miles covered and the fuel I put in.

Over winter when the lights were up most of the time, the stat was stuck open so running cold, and the lambda was dodgy and I had a split intake, was looking at 16MPG. After changing all that, I got it upto 22-23. Since things have gotten warmer, and the ECU was last reset (when I attempted but failed to change the CAT for a decat and I needed the alternator off), I had 23 for weeks and weeks, and then last week 24, this weekend, 25.1 mpg. Mind you since then, a blowing exhaust and a knackered rocker gasket have been replaced. All adds up to losing power.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

My brother replaced his bloody awful 530d with a new Espace V6 diesel[1].

His has 17"s and all the toys standard, does need lowering though. Full length glass roof is pretty funky.

Drives well, actually seems screwed together well, speakers are bloody awful but there are lots of them.

Reply to
Pete M

Seems not bad then.

Something to think about. It would need loud paint and some funky coloured film on the full length roof then.

Good, somewhere to fit loads if uprated ones then. [2] you missed what [1] meant.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Ours was screwed together well, but it drove like some sort of double-height lubricated shopping trolley.

Reply to
Nom