Made a tiny mod.

The cheap £5 phone holder for my car was great for the HTC Trinity because the power connector for the car charger was at the bottom.

On the Samsung Omnia it is on the lower left side, so I had to cut a small slot to take the larger Samsung connector.

Not major but worth doing I can kill the battery from fresh charge to dead in 2 hours using GPS.

Reply to
Elder

Two hours? That Samsung looks a nice enough piece of kit, but two hours? That's barely long enough to get lost! :o)

Reply to
DervMan

As a light use phone I can get 3-4 days from a charge, occasionally using it as an MP3 player but most of the time just on standby.

I have bluetooth on but not wifi unless I'm downloading something at home or work. But GPS software seems to really kill them. The Trinity lasted longer on GPS but it had a much bigger battery.

iGo seems to be heavier on the battery than TomTom, but TomTom won't get a lock unless you use it within 10 minutes of rebooting the phone. Much longer than that and it refuses to see satellites even with clear cloud free sky. Almost all other GPS packages work fine all the time except TomTom.

Reply to
Elder

I bet an iPhone lasts longer.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

LOL! Would that be because the GPS execution is... crude..?

Reply to
DervMan