man i love the volvo S60 D5 :)

Its not a chip - they call it 'performance optimisation'. I think that basically means they turn the fueling screw up a bit...but i don't actually know. But they reckon they dyno it and everything and i get 40 more nm throughout the range and an extra 18bhp at 4k revs, so 110bhp instead of

92bhp :)
Reply to
Dan405

240Nm stock, 290 chipped. However that's from 2100-5500 - a broader range....
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Well this only a rattly old 405 TD that i might not even get :) It would be more than i have now by a way!

Reply to
Dan405

indeed a better motor than the 1.6....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Aye :) But then the insurance is less on a 1.6. And i hear the TD's have a bit of a rep for head gaskets? And don't diesels cost more to service? I know mines good mechanically as well, hence i don't wanna change it. Whatever i get only has to last about 18months till the end of uni, cos then i should get a job of some description, and i can get a faster car :D. I want to keep mine cos its cheap to keep running - don't wanna risk gettin summet thats gonna cost me a fortune in repairs.

Reply to
Dan405

Go for the optional switch so you can have "power" and "economy" modes.

Reply to
DervMan

When I'm on a charge in my Passat TDI, I change up at 2500 rpm - that means I'll be at 1900rpm in the next gear. That's where I want to be, because that's where the peak torque plateau starts. If I rev higher, the car goes slower.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

puny.

Reply to
Theo

Go on then ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

We used a total of zero drum mics. The drummer who supplied the kit had it bugged into an alesis D4. Stereo pair into a stereo channel of the board. My little Mackie CFX12. (1)

(1)Yes I know, but we'll leave that discussion over on alt.audio.pro.live-sound for the time being ehhh............;-) Suffice to say that the paying public were delighted with the general outcome ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

eh?

Reply to
Theo

your PA rigs - let's hear the kit list if TSK's rigs are all puny ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Heh - most of the crew on the uk.rec.cars.* groups have never heard of mackie, probably think Rockford Fosgate make better amps than Crown, and think 150WRMS is good for a 15" driver....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

snip

Pah! I've got a wee 1202 VLZ Pro that I use as part of my /very/ amateur "home studio" set-up. So there :-P

Reply to
Jamesy

Nope. What accelerates you is power. Whilst it is true that, in a given gear, the peak acceleration corresponds with the peak of the torque curve, to get the best accleration you need to change up at the point where torque

  • gear ratio A = torque * gear ratio B. By definition this will occur at rpm beyond the _power_ peak, although normally very only slightly more in a TD.
Reply to
Andrew Kirby

In my Audi TDI (another great 5-cylinder diesel donk), peak torque is at

1900rpm, but I personally find it *really* kicks in a few hundred rpm above that. And from there it'll happily rev up to about 4500rpm if required, giving quite decent acceleration if and when required, and really not as narrow a powerband as you might think (it'll pretty much touch 70 in 3rd).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Get a decent TD (ie had service inc. cambelt and maybe head gasket done recently) and it'll near enough last you 18 months without doing anything to it except an oil change or 2 and the normal wear and tear stuff. All depends how much you wanna spend though...

I'm thinking of going back to diesel after Xmas - 30mpg in the XS is just getting annoying now, all my money seems to be going on petrol.. Maybe i'll give it to the missus so i can still use it for rallying :) Then again, i'm still thinking of buying a Capri Special 2.8i thats going super cheap (i think a pint should secure it), but needs lots of work! :D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

DO IT!!!!!!!

Reply to
Theo

oh I see, no I dont own any rigz, I was more referring to the sort of rigs I'm usually around, no idea of spec but afaik its a lot more than that, AND i was trolling slightly :P

Reply to
Theo