maybe its time to join this jap thang

well after all the influx of jap machinery in here as of late along with the endless welding on the nova shed its been decreed to either sell or torch the nova and with the aid of mister finance company and 5 years of my life being sold off time to buy a decent proper fast car

choices are narrowed down to a few subject to hpi checks and a bit of umming and awwing

any thoughts guys on the following

purpoting 300 brake from a FMIC full exhaust system turbo timer yada yada yada. i know its not a GTR but hey its the only skyline in budget :)

stock bar a exhaust maybe more family safe considering the wife and 2 kids to transport and 2 grand under budget :) so money to burn on some kit (or a rebuild)

is what made me think jap a grand over budget so it would mean being ultra poor for a couple of month unless i can get a quick sale on the nova 350 horses hks engine and an intercooler the size of my bath :) pity they wont take kids in p/ex
i want but cant have cos its only a 2 seater :( manual as well :( :( with circa 350 brake

right guys any thoughts?

Reply to
Rob

They all rock, i don't think you'll buy any of them :) But if you decide to, stop, and go find a 3.0 24v Supra Twin Turbo, manual 6 speed RZ instead :)

Reply to
DanTXD

lol sorry dan but the budget wont stretch to 14 grand :)

i thought stretching to 10 for the mr2 tubby was hefty

cant afford to go too high m8 not all of us are rich students lol

Reply to
Rob

I think you've not spent enough time actually "in" a Jap car.....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

You can get plenty tidy Supras for that, might have to settle for an Auto tho :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Agreed. They are nice and solid (at least Toyotas are), but they are very grey, bland and boring. Functional is a good way to describe them.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

the gts is a fave so far

the mr 2 tubby is a pipedream ie aint practical for me unless i keep the pug

whereas the gts is usable 4 seater not too hefty being the single turbo version and how many folks can actually spot the difference between a GTs and GTR :)

Reply to
Rob

In here? Probly 95% of people :) I know I've spent many a hour looking at pictures of various Skylines on the internet :D

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

In the real world, probably most people with the slightest interest in Jap Crap can spot the difference between a GT-R and the other Skylines.

It's like asking if most people can tell the difference between a Lotus Carlton and a Carlton 1.8L.

Reply to
Pete M

still a 300 brake gts is gonna bastard quick regardless

any drift action gen?

Reply to
Rob

love it want one!

love it

nice car shit kit!

love it :)

hey buy them all :)

Reply to
Vamp

the importer i got my car from has owned many jap cars and as a day to day driver he said he prefered his skyline GTS-T over the GTR as it was just smoother to drive. hey GTS-T or GTR still damn good skylines to me and with a bit of tuning both can be made bastard quick.

i'm biased so keeping quiet on my fave on the list though :-P

Reply to
Vamp