Mclauren on dyno!

lucky bugger would have loved that job that day!

Reply to
Vamp

Do Maclarens make more or less power than Mclaurens?

When testing bikes at bruntingthorp for pb there was a silver one doing lap after lap there trying to driven by a guy called peter taylor that subcontracts to the company to "validate" (wear out and measure it up) the gearbox... They were doing continuous 0 to 200 and stop day after day to some sort of schedule. 4 or 5 sets of extremely expensive tyres per day, etc etc...

There is a tight bend on to the entry of the main 2 mile runway that we both entered at 30 mph. I (gsxr11wp suzuki) and the F1 then both have the 2 mile straight ahead. This went on for lap after lap so I know how fast they go! from 30 to 130 the car is destroyed, and a dot in the mirrors. But as I go from 130 to 150 it starts to get bigger! As I get to 170 it is passing me with a good 25mph extra, at the "brake" board where PBs timing radat / lights are it trips the lights at 220mph against my miserable 177. The bike has better power to weight, so sub 150 mph much faster, after this the car just keeps accelerating! It visibly dissapears after it passes you.

Only Deans turbo GSXR was faster at 222mph. That had 30 psi boost on its T4 turbo 280bhp compared to my stock engine (new bike 120 miles only) at 136bhp rear wheel. So to push an unstreamlined bike 45 mph faster took 144bhp extra! Air is thick gooey stuff.

That maclaren does not half look cool coming down that enormous runway towards you at 200 mph though! All you hear is a thundering noise and tyre noise as it passes. and almost silence as it aproaches. You wouldnt want to cross that runway as its very wide once you see it on the horizon!

Reply to
Burgerman

man u paint a good picture, so to speak.

Reply to
Theo