Merc CLS minireview...

Looks: Awesome Getting in and out: fiddly goes: like stink Ride: sporty but not harsh Handling: amazing for somthing that size Economy: Probably, but not with my right foot Verdict: Great, but is it really worth spending 7k more than the equivalent E class to lose out on interior space but get them awesome looks? I think so. Shame it's not mine.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

seen a few come off short leasing contracts recently. wicked looking pimp mobile! what bout the brabus (spelling?) CLS V12 730bhp jobby!

Reply to
Vamp

Is that the 4 door coupe looking thingy? A friend of mine had one to road test last year sometime. Think it was a V6 but with AMG wheels. Lovely looking car, both inside and out. Nice engine note too - it wasn't instrusive, just a nice rumble when you booted it, and went suprisingly well for a relatively small engine in a large car. Certainly wouldn't say no to the proper AMG version.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That'll be the rocket, mine's a 320CDi on rental for a few more days. Enjoying it while it lasts, it is a cracking car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It's the 4 door dolled up E class yes. V6 diesel with enough horses to keep the back lively. The bodyshape makes it less convenient than the E class in terms of access but the bootspace is similar, plus it's two individual seats in the back not a bench.

Still if I was in that market I'd be stuck between that and a 6 series, although the BMW straight 6 diesel doesn't seem as urgent it is a tad more refined than the new V6 merc ones, although again I think it's the installation in the CLS that is meant to be a bit more sporty (there's some vibration and exhaust noise) than it is in the E / S.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Okay, well here I need to assess the cars' other appeals and then the exterior. Because quite frankly the exterior looks like a stretched, tugged and teased Ka or TT, except Mercedes got it out of proportion. It looks like a slug. I'll bet you can't see the nose or tail when you park, either! ;)

It's also a large coupe, so despite their charms, they're bought by people who either want somebody else to take their kids or don't have many friends. I'd have one then meh.

Can't they put that 3.2 into a Smart Roadster?

Reply to
DervMan