Mercedes Enthusiast

I know there's not many Merc fans here but does anyone read this? My best mate just started working for them as a journalist. The pool car is a 190 Cosworth in black with black leather. And her first job was to drive a CLK55 AMG round London Docklands for a photo shoot! I'm sooo jealous!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nice work if you can get it!!

Wouldnt mind a bash in any AMG kit :o)

Reply to
Mason

Is it a 2.5 or a 2.6 190 Cosworth? makes a big difference to the coolness and even the value of the car.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The 2.5 and 2.6 190 Cosworths were pretty identical weren't they??

Sure you're not on about the 190 Evo jobbie?

Reply to
Pete M

I'm with you on this one, the only real difference in value comes with the Evo spec.

Reply to
SteveH

Were they not 2.3-16 and 2.5-16? I remember my boss buying a brand new black

2.5 in '89 for £39k.

Not that far off the cost of a new C43 today - except I went to check and it's now a C55AMG - V8 with 376hp! Give it another 15 years and I expect we'll be discussing the new C66 with 725hp.....

Reply to
Grant

She was trying to explain it and got as far as it was a 190E with a 1 and 6 on the back and it was something to do with Cosworth, so no idea!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

"Carl Gibbs" wrote

Jesus how did she get to become a motoring journo! Sounds like a typical girlie way of describing a car when they know slightly more than "it's a blue one" which makes them an expert in girlie circles.

Reply to
fishman

Well she's got journo qualifications, done a bit of writing for Motorsport News and is pretty clued up on cars, just doesnt know about the mechanical side!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs