Message from Dervman

Just got an SMS from him - wants you all to know 50mph and 50mpg average...

sad eh?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Not your traditional honeymoon pursuit certainly....

Reply to
DanTXD

Hehe - Dervman will be dervman....

My Seat Ibiza did about 55mpg doing about double that speed.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Blimey, he's managing a gallon of love juice every hour?

Reply to
Questions

Don't talk about love juice in a honeymoon thread please.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Shall we call it "sex wee" then?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Baby gravy?

Reply to
DanTXD

What engine?

Reply to
Depresion

1.9TDI 90bhp.
Reply to
AstraVanMan

Noooooo!

_that_ is an image I really could have done without.

Reply to
SteveH

Imagine chugging it.

Reply to
DanTXD

OMG

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Reply to
SteveH

Roll it in flour to find the wet bit.

Reply to
SteveH

Is that a euphenism, or simply the normal expression that relates to the noise a crossflow makes, when you're driving along?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

100mph *average* and 55mpg?

bollocks...

Unless the Ibiza will pull to 115mph you're never going to *average*

100; and even if it does pull 115mph it'll never return 55mpg at that speed. 35 if you're very lucky, probably 30.
Reply to
markocosic

Erm, I think you'll find it will average mid 40s (at least), on a fast run like that; my Mk3 Golf TDi did, the one time it basically got driven flat out from Birmingham to East Kent, and it was showing an indicated 110 to 120 the whole way, where traffic allowed.

The same lump as in the Ibiza, and a heavier car.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Maybe I was exaggerating *slightly*, but they are a hideously economical engine, and the Ibiza weighs f*ck all. Averaging 90-95mph it'd be averaging a good 50mpg easily.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The Golf did that, no trouble at all, showing 100 for most of a long journey, so I doubt that would have any trouble matching that.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Sadly yes it is. I hack across Europe at high speed fairly often, you have to be going some to *average* 50mph over a day. The longest section I do, 640 miles starting at Strasbourg takes 11-12 hours and two drivers with rest breaks. Maximum speed I've managed so far is an average of

57mph. And a rather disappointing 21mpg.
Reply to
Steve Firth