Midlife crisis...

And running costs / bits of trim falling off, to match. ;-)

I can get a perfectly good MX5 for well under £2k this time of year...yes, even a UK spec one.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

In times of crisis, anything is fair game to raise the budget needed, even relatives and body parts.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

If buying a sports car means going through a mid life crisis it means I have been going through one since I was 17.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

They're actually very strong. T t-bar has shit loads of reinforcments! Wouldnt like to try it though :)

If you wanted a proper nice one, you could spend say £1k I reckon, but in a years time, as long as you've kept it uptogether you could probably get that again. A Saxo/106 probably still has a bit of depreciation left to go.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yes, but my head... isn't... which was the point I was making; in a roll, a seatbelt isn't going to do much against the forces of gravity / the fact your head was already proud of the top of the windscreen with the roof panels out, or just about touching them, with them in. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Good point...

I reckon I'd be better off hanging onto the kids, as they'll be 'looking after you in your old age, Dad'.

How much do old age pensioners that smell of wee fetch on the open market, these days?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

You'll be hung, drawn and quartered by some around here, if you refer to those as a 'sports car'. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

'Sporty' car is probably nearer the mark :) Get one, YKIMS, they're great fun to drive :D When Tim says they're crap, you have to remember he thinks the 205 GTi handles like shit. Draw your own conclusions...

And as for the hot start thing, I know 3 people who've had VTS' and none of them had said problem? Sounds to me like a couple had said problem and Watchdog ran a story on it or something, so automatically they all apparantly do it...

Reply to
DanTXD

[...]

As a side note, 106 GTis have half leather and the Saxos don't, also, and this is just IME/O, Pugs always seem better built than their Citroen counterparts.

Reply to
DanTXD

Quite impressed i managed to send that 3 times somehow and only got it right once...

Reply to
DanTXD

LOL.

I prefer the look of the 106 tbh, and around here at least, you seem to see less chavved up 106 GTis, compared to Saxo VTSs'.

Reply to
JackH

Even that is in debate. ;)

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

GTR, RX-7, GTS-t Skyline all sports cars in my book.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yes, 205 any day. More fun, more communicative, none of this emissions crap and you'll lose much, much less in depreciation.

Reply to
DervMan

One of the URCMers had a VTS and had the problem!

Reply to
DervMan

Didnt the later cars have emission crap (ie a cat on the 1.9s) and lost a bit of power (8bhp).

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ah this is true - i forgot about that.

Still, one out of four ain't bad :-) At least they don't rust ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

"Sports car" ? Where ? :)

Reply to