Might be a little insurance gem here.

He is the James part of the old FootmanJames before they got bought out=20 by Aon.

One of the retro-riders got their Cedric insured for silly money, so=20 just for a giggle I stuck a Ford Granny 1980's Cardinal Hearse through. No no claims needed. Unlimited mileage. cover listed as SDP with occasional commute. Agreed value. =A3100 excess. Motor legal cover and breakdown. Fully comp. =A3141.28 including premium tax.

No mods, but the guys over on Retro rides did a quote on the phone and=20 got a lowered messed with engine in the Cedric for even less money.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

One of the retro-riders got their Cedric insured for silly money, so just for a giggle I stuck a Ford Granny 1980's Cardinal Hearse through. No no claims needed. Unlimited mileage. cover listed as SDP with occasional commute. Agreed value. £100 excess. Motor legal cover and breakdown. Fully comp. £141.28 including premium tax.

No mods, but the guys over on Retro rides did a quote on the phone and got a lowered messed with engine in the Cedric for even less money.

Over 30s only. Bastards :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The guy in Retro-rides is 26, and did it on the phone. Over 30 is just online I think.

Reply to
Elder

Ah, that's a good recommendation, thanks I'll check with them for a quote this year.

I'm quite tempted by this heap of crap. I know I'd lose every penny I spent on it, but even so, it's tempting.

Steve Firth

I can't be arsed to phone at the mo, but I will do when I sort a car out. Lets hope they haven't raised there prices by then!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

-------------------------

There's an insurance broker just started advertising on locostbuilders, I got a quote from them for the locost last week and they came up with £125 for fully comp for the year (4k miles). I paid by card there and then....

Getting old[1] has at least one plus point ;)

[1] 40 next year, eeek !
Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Needs to be garaged for an online quote :(

Reply to
Abo

Mine was parked on drive, not garaged, suppose it depends on what you want insuring.

Reply to
Elder

Slightly odd one that, why couldn't it have a Genesis.

Reply to
Elder

Wonder where I might find a Daewoo Imperial

then transplant in a Lotus Carlton wreck under the body.

Reply to
Elder

Are there any of those about?

Reply to
Clive George

They're still about where I live but like Escort Cosworths and Lancia Integrales they normally live in garages 99% of their life and only get out on nice hot summer days to prevent them turning into a pile of rust.

Reply to
Homer

That doesn't surprise me. But I was actually thinking of a wrecked one - I'd have thought even the salvage would be pretty desirable, such that getting hold of it for peanuts for putting in something else would be end up being rather unlikely.

Reply to
Clive George

I saw one being driven hard out Lytham St Annes way, it was in a bit of a state and there was a hint of smoke from the exhaust, sadly.

Reply to
Abo

Oh I didn't say it would a cheap build, but would be an amazing sleeper, and Much better than Astra GTE into Daewoo Nexia.

Reply to
Elder