Mixed Emotions - R5 Sold

Ahhh well the R5's sold :( got a guy coming up as soon as i'm free to take it off me.

Be sorry to see it go but also glad not to have to kep fixing it :o)

time to move on

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Always a strange feeling to let a car go, unless you have a reason to hate it. When the 405 went, its gearbox was knackered and it was for some reason blowing a lot of oil smoke, yet i was still sad to see it leave...luckily i sold it one of my mates for £50, and he's now fixed it so i get to see it often :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Well i'm still fixing the R5 for him but he's paying for that on top of the price of the car...

Oh and for all you non-beleivers when i advertised on here...

I've got £850 for the car as it is (untaxed avec no headgasket) and a further 100 to fix it :o)

not stand up who said it wouldnt fetch more than £400?

*AND* he's a mate, i had an offer out of the local admag (where it was advertised as fixed) for £1250.

Also had various offers of trades the best being,...

1.1 metro

1.5 honda civic (LSI 16v????) avec 18's Kindom (shudder) bodykit etc etc etc

1.3 Nova wit Cherry bomb and "mint two tone paint job innit"

and.. this is a beauty...

A moped and 200 quid :o|

You gotta love people who buy ad-mag Yorkshire.

It got a mixed response on furms with pleanty of d*****ad PM's and no offers actuially come through.

Mason

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Ha, don't look at me, i love R5's, i probly said i wanted to buy it :)

Sweet :)

Probly worth a few quid in parts

*awesome*

ROFL :)

Hey, i live in Yorkshire :)

Reply to
DanTXD

To be honest i was sorely tempted by the civic, it was a chav wagon BUT...

they sell well, the bodyword (alltho OTT s**te) was good quality and it had BRAND NEW 18 inch lenso's on it, the guy had a reciept from 3 weeks ago and they are 1100 quids worth of wheel, coilovers and few blitz chav-shiny bits.

I probably could have broken it for a grand or sold it for 1400-1500 BUT I really need the money at the minute and the Mrs would have killed me :o) supposed to be getting rid of a few cars (we have 5 between us) not swapping them.

ah well

Reply to
Mason

Good for you.

Just try to keep him as a mate ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

well i think taking a £400 pound hit on the car because he really wanted it.

Reply to
Mason

He'll be a mate as long as the head ga...... ooops. That's one mate down, then ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Bah! he's dropped out. cant afford to insure it with the mods declared :o(

so then..

*****UPDATE*****

started striping the R5 last nite, given up on selling it "as is" so will fix it and ad-mag/ebay it.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Can you deliver? :)

Reply to
Chet

I can arrange deilvery at a cost. You want it "as is" or fixed? how much you offering.?

Or you not that serious?

Reply to
Mason

I'm serious except i think delivery may be prohibitive, i'm not payin by the mile ;)

I really don't need another car but i know my new engine when built would fit in a 5...

No, leave me alone, take it away from me. You're a bad influence. BAD MAN!

Reply to
Chet

where do you live?

your not the one who lives in ireland are you?

still. delivery could be arranged :o)

everyone needs a french tin can to play with :o)

Reply to
Mason

See below :)

Well theres more than just me here :)

But at what price!

But one that needs to be fix'd, reg'd, tax'd and tested?

Reply to
Chet

I dunno :o) how much do R5's fetch on the emerald isle? courier cant charge that much,. we could split it :o)

It can come fixed...but it'd cost more

tax and reg you'd have to sort out.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

What they fetch here isn't relevant :) I'm thinkin this a bad idea. Maybe you'd prefer to donate it as a retro-renault project? Actually where bouts are you? I'm sure i know someone who's after one

Reply to
Chet

Near sheffield, yorkshire/midland

Reply to
Mason

In that case, a trip to Carrefour in Calais and a tin of french brand baked beans would be a much more sensible option.

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hey, I know that feeling!

:-)