mk2 Golf GTi fuel pump

Anybody know the flow rate and output pressure for a mk2 Golf GTi fuel pump?

Its a nice external jobbie with its own swirl-pot; so a damn sight easier to fit than an in-tank Rover jobbie and foam/baffling for my T-Series into Land-Rover conversion!

Thanks,

Marko

marko

According to Haynes the system pressure is 4.7 to 5.4 bar, not sure about flow rate. I'm not aware of a swirl pot on them, do you mean the pressure accumulator next to the pump? BTW the GTI still has a second fuel pump within the fuel tank to lift the fuel out. If you're taking the fuel supply out the top of the tank you will still need a lift pump in the tank.

Homer.

Reply to
Homer

I was told a swirl-pot, ain't seen one. Pressure accumulator is handy though.

Ah! so I'd need a cheapie lift pump then a high pressure pump - or I could just use the pressure accumulator and some other in-tank high-pressure pump?

Reply to
marko