Modified Calibra 2.0l 16v

Vauxhall Calibra 2.0l 16v (only 70,000 miles)

Steven Hill

The synchro on third is dying at 70k?

Reply to
Doki

Its an old Vauxhall, and its been fiddled with - surprised it lasted 70k.

Reply to
Dan405

soz not interested as i got a proper sport car :)

Reply to
vamp

Just out of interest, why have you put tiny wheels on and stuck a load of silly looking crap on the bonnet ?

Reply to
Lordy

I do - i wouldn't really class the Mk1 1.6 MR2 as a sports car though.

Reply to
Dan405

They do that at their age. Personally I'd be looking for mods that would reduce my pathetic laptimes around the Nordschleife ;-)

Cheerz - Brownz (Fast round corners and proud of it !!)

Reply to
Brownz

erm? I think they are very sporty......

Reply to
Theo

Sporty yes - but i see sports car as more, supercars - i suppose it just depends how you look at it.

Reply to
Dan405

No. Supercars are supercars.

Sports cars are sports cars - IMHO, a car who's main raison d'etre is to be a thrilling drive. A driver's car. Which, once again, IMHO, a Mk1 MR2 most definitely IS.

So :-P

Reply to
Jamesy

Yea s'pose - never really thought about it. A ferrari would be a sports car, and anything less was just a car to me :)

Reply to
Dan405

Does that bonnet scoop go anywhere? If not, it must play havoc with the aerodynamics. I wouldn't be surprised if it causes wind whistle at the right speed!

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

There are Ferarri sports cars, and Ferrari supercars. Until the Carrera GT, most roadgoing Porsches are Sportscars or Sports Tourers.

An MGB, an MR2, a Lotus Elan, an MX5, Porsche 924 and even a Fiat X1/9 are sports cars, due to their 2 seater (ish in the case of the Porsche), light weight, tight handling, balanced smallish cars that can keep up with much faster cars due to being able carry much more speed through twisty bits.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

If it could get there, at the right speed it could automatically remove itself. But I doubt it would reach the right speed.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

As nice as any 10 year old, 92k mile 1.6i 8v french car :) I'll let it go - s'not your fault you have a hairdressers car ;)

Reply to
Dan405

You are Jeremy Clarkson AICMFP.

Reply to