More Ebay Goodness.

You know you want to:

Cheap way to become a real petrolhead ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Pistons are a much better idea :)

Reply to
Chet

But you'll have less fun from those pistons than from this low mileage alfa - looks good!

Adam H

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

It is a good one - and it was a hard decision to make to sell it.

Unfortunately, it's no good for my 90-odd miles/day commuting - neither is my 75. So one had to go...... the wife prefers the 75, so that's the one we're keeping.

Reply to
SteveH

> > =9834

Or you could spend less and get a quality RWD driving experience in my Volvo

340 :)
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

But that doesn't have the wonderful flat-4 engine ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Well its got an engine...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

If those pistons were used the their full potential it'd be a helluva lot more fun than a rusty afla :D

-- Chet

Chet

Mate of mine who has a 164 24v is looking for a cheaper to insure, less thirsty alfa.

I've sent him your link. MK isn't too far from Kent, seeing as the 146 he was going to buy is in Sheffield!!

Reply to
Fishman19

You may not like them, but it's a very tidy example of the series 3 car.

We like it, anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

well, I could have gone Bwahahahahahahahah!

but for some reason, there do seem to be people out there that like 33's, and it saves people giving them to me, so good luck Steve, although I think it'll probably fetch good money tbh...

Reply to
Pete M

I certainly hope so. I really need the cash to pay back the bank for buying the Primera ;-)

On an associated note.... SWMBO picked out a set of el cheapo Halfords wheel trims for it, as I lost one of the current set this week. First one I put on cracked as I gave it a tap into place. Then it splintered into about 30 pieces when I tried to pull it off. Arse. Think I might be better looking in the breakers yards for some OEM jobs.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd take the wheel trims back for a refund!

Reply to
Fishman19

I will be doing. Then I'm going down a pikey shop like Wilkinson's to buy an even cheaper set until I can track down a set of proper Nissan jobs.

Reply to
SteveH

In news:40218922$ snipped-for-privacy@news.greennet.net, Fishman19 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I'd take the Alfa back, but that's a different matter...

which reminds me....

Anyone wanna buy an 1990 Alfa 164 TS?

126000 miles, MOT November, Tax end April, drives well, £500 o.n.o...

Or a 1985 Mk2 Golf GTi?

246000 miles, LHD, MOT about a week, no tax, still drives, offers over £60...
Reply to
Pete M

I could buy an aircon pump for that 164 V6 for that kind of money.... wonder which one I'd prefer? ;-)

Heh. That would make a very fun track / road rally car. _IF_ I had the space.

Reply to
SteveH

£200 is a bit steep as all I would want is the engine, I like flat 4's as some of you know but I'd have to scrap the rest of the car and it doesn't look too bad to be honest. Still twice the power for an extra 100cc's is tempting.
Reply to
Depresion

Even if you just wanted the engine, then £200 is cheap for one that you know is sound. A breakers will charge you at least £250 for an unknown lump.......

Reply to
SteveH

Stop trying to sell it to me. :) I bought 2 cars through ebay last year.

This was the better of them:

Depresion

Heh.... that's pretty bad, isn't it?

I can assure you that this one is in much better condition!

You know you want to....... it's even got 11 months MOT left! Drive it away this weekend.....

Reply to
SteveH