More window shopping on Pistonheads

No. He's only got the one atm. A rather special one. One which looks totally standard outside but has had a trip to TWR and >£22000 spent on the engine and a few other goodies. Quite a story to that one.

The 6cyl with the Hobart-Eaton blower are really quite a hoot. I'm not a Jag man, but I've been out with him several times in most of his cars and they really do hustle along when prompted.

No probs.

JB

Reply to
JB

this:

> You'll never want for space again.> >

Pah, excuses.

I'm sure you could shed a lot of weight from the fireengine to make it lighter than 7.5 tonnes... maybe.

Reply to
frag

Hey Timo, the guy who I bought the M3 off has a 5 series estate he's trying to sell too.

I think its an E39. Good nick from what I saw, and I know he said he just can't sell it for anything at the moment.

Want his email?

Reply to
frag

Yes, but probably not less than 3.5 tonnes, which is what it reverted to. Arse etc pp...

Reply to
Timo on tour

Do you know perchance if it's an auto or not?

Yes please. Can't do any harm contacting him.

Reply to
Timo on tour

Err, it has a gearbox.

That any good? :)

I know its the 3 ltr diesel one, wiv a mod to get decent MPG out of it.

Emailed.

Reply to
frag

Depends, some of them aren't very good. Namely the slushies...

Hmm. I'll have a word with him.

Received

Reply to
Timo on tour

Ooh goody, a car Timo might be getting I'd be interested in when he gets bored with it a month later. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

It's not looking to brilliant for that one at the moment. I spent some time on some German BMW forums and the consensus for both the E39 and the E34 diesels seems to be "buy a petrol engined one instead".

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I could have told you that.... ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

*Ding* They're not actually that much more economical in daily use than the petrol equivs. They 3L motors do go bloody well though for diesels.

JB

Reply to
JB

The list of stuff that tends to go wrong on the newer diesels is a little frightening. I guess I'll concentrate on trying to find either a decent E34 525i touring, a decent manual E39 528i touring or, completely different, a late E24.

Reply to
Timo Geusch