most exspensive oil filter ever!

went to Mr T (Mr T = Toyota) today for an oil filter and sump plug gasget, got them and was happy with the price. hmmm so why was it so damn exspensive?

well on the way home going down the A130 i followed crazylegs kev from imoc example and got clocked by Mr Plod doing *cough* 99mph. £60 fine and 3 pts! wonder how that'll effect my insurance! he told me that if it was 1mph more he would be handing me a ban! :(

one not very happy MR2 owner, watch your speed kids!

Reply to
Vamp

See what happens when you give these reckless kids fast cars ;)

Look at it this way mate, its ONLY 3pts and £60 - you could be in court for

99mph, and i'm sure you've been lots faster and got away with it, most companies don'tcharge extra for 3pts.
Reply to
DanTXD

At least a flying deer didn't come over your T-Bar :P

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

Bad luck...

Hope the officer followed procedures to the letter as you wouldn't want to get off the prosecution on a technicality - and remember, if you go to court and lose then they don't keep the money...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The police can't do that. All he could do it report you for the offence and then the CPS would then decide if they wanted to take you to court. At that point it is up to the magistrate to decide if a ban is in order or not.

Reply to
Networkguy

Were you caught by a laser gun Vamp?

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

"Networkguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@sabbath.news.uk.clara.net...

I think the point the ocifer was making is if he had been doing the ton, then being as Vamp is not a footballer or other famous person it would have gone to court and been a ban... after all we do know how the CPS and courts like to "let people of his agegroup" know the penalties of our outdated speedlimits!!

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

i think an 85-90mph limit should be allowed as most do it anyway! past

100mph is a bit dangerous and some cars can't even crack it :) i'm gutted! usually pretty careful along the A130 as i know they do speed traps and i had to nail it didn't i D'oh!

still glad they never caught me doing 145mph down it a few weeks back :)

Reply to
Vamp

was caught @ 77 in a 40 once.. and VERY lucky!!! cos after my nip they "took no further action" when I saw the camera I was showing an indicated 100 (again, a bit of road I know very well and till recently was a 60 zone)

have seen indicated 140 on the M40 (again too many camera's to do that now) (not in current 1.1 BTW!! lol)

now I drive a little underpowered 1.1 (to protect my licence as much as anything!!!)

IMHO there are places where the speedlimits are needed, but many where they are now a licence to "print" money!!

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

Don't know mate. I just reused the metal washer that is the gasket on mine, and it hasn't leaked. Local autoparts place had a brand new box of genuine toyota oil filter when I want in (yeah same place that ordered in the wrong dizzy cap, leads, and thermostat), About £8 I think.

You got very lucky there mate.

Too true, don't speed, don't get caught (and if you do get caught don't moan about it).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Probably won't affect the insurance as yet, i.e. unless you pick up some more points.

Well, could have been worse. I'll bet your speedo was showing a fair bit higher than that.

Reply to
Questions

yup :(

Reply to
Vamp

yeah was actually was on about 105-110 so not to far out was it :)

i knew that and was praying my speedo would be way out!

Reply to
Vamp

My God...Traffic Police DO exist?

Reply to
Conor

I remember thinking "please don't have got me above a ton" when I got pulled over back in 1999 on the M4. My heart sank when I saw "114" on their little machine :-(

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

So far clean license, been stopped once or twice or so for speeding but let off. I suppose this reflects the fact that it's always been in safe and reasonable circumstances, or not too much over, or sommat.

One time about twenty years ago, I overtook some tardy Volvo coming off a straight road to the north of Slough. Nice long straight road, well easy to beat the 30 the Volvo was happy with.

Went up to 45 or whatnot, as I recall the limit was 40 after being NSL / 60 at a previous time, wide and non-residential so didn't see anything wrong with 45.

Matey comes out past the Volvo behind me and right up onto the bumper, so I think "oh, want a race, do you?" and floor it. Well, actually I feed the power in because this was a dire Datsun 140j with a 1.8 engine and RWD on leaf springs that swapped ends at the drop of a hat.

Anyway, I have the legs on him and coming up the top of the hill into some little village area with a 30 zone, I've pulled out enough of a lead to be able to see the blue flashing lights on the top...

Could have been more embarrassing but I slammed on the brakes, did 30 through the village and pulled over when he caught up. Got told off, but let off.

I think these days they're a bit quicker to hand out the tickets.

Reply to
Questions

it's a notorious stretch of road for coppers mind you, my bosses boss got done almost outside my house yesterday by a speed trap set on an inviting bit of road that's got to be at least as wide as a motorway with one lane either way and a stupid 30mph limit on it it's about half a mile worth of straight road I should have told him about it though :)

Reply to
dojj

Vamp: I think a laser jammer is on the cards???

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

I have a friend who was caught doing 106 mph on the way back from southend in a punto GT. He was let off with 6 points and £250 fine. he is a lucky man. (he was 22 at the time)

Ed

Reply to
Ed

yeah top idea and get an even BIGGER fine or prison when they find it :) a detector may have helped as the copper said he took 2 readings so if the thing had gone off and i slowed in time i MAY have got let off with a slower speed.

had to happen one day as i been way to lucky so far :(

not bad though, 5 years clean up today!

Reply to
Vamp