MOT Passed

Congratualtion. When and where are we meeting to celebrate (drinks on you of course)?

Reply to
Brimstone

The 306 passed it's MOT today. Advisory on the front brake pads so I'll change them at the weekend. Otherwise, no problems :)

Reply to
Abo

Hey, it's a 7 year old car and I'm pleased with it's straightforward pass :P

How about the Black Bull in Yarm, on Saturday?

Reply to
Abo

What time?

Reply to
Brimstone

My 1998 306 passed its MOT with a clean sheet. I would have a celebratory drink, but I'm saving up for my road tax at the end of this month.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

8pm
Reply to
Abo

OK

Reply to
Brimstone

Where is Yarm?

Reply to
mike carley

I wondered that, and typed it into a map program of mine - is it the one near Tees-side airport?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Is there another?

Reply to
Brimstone

My 1996 406 passed its MOT with a clean sheet on Friday.

And today, I have been mostly fitting another set of clocks that have fully functioning fuel gauge and rev counter, (1k less miles than the originals before anyone starts pointing fingers etc.), and a nice phase two steering wheel.

I would have a celebratory drink, but I've got a piss up to go to on Friday, on Saturday and then next Tuesday, and my liver can only take so many heavy beer sessions in such a short space of time... ;-)

Oh, and my contract at work has been extended up until the end of March. :-)

I've been using the 406 most of this week, and I hate to admit it, but it's a far more comfy relaxing drive than my Golf.

Just a shame it drinks derv by comparison if you want to 'make progress'...

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Just off the A19/A66 south of Stockton.

Reply to
Conor

My '83 Saab 99 passed with a clean sheet the other week and the gauges work just fine :-P

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

On the end of y'shoulder ...

I'll get me coat ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

how can a car drink diesel engined road vehicle ?

Reply to
.

Straight after Xmas I need to put the Octavia in. MOT expires 29th Jan, and I start work 2nd (hopefully) of Jan. I wished it had been a bit earlier. I could still get it done but would lose the "13month" bit.

Reply to
Elder

Phrase, english again, in thank, you. ?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Sandy Nuts ( snipped-for-privacy@ndy.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

DERV was originally an acronym for "Diesel Engined Road Vehicle".

Dot is bang-on, if pedantic, in querying JackHackett's usage of the term to refer to diesel fuel.

Reply to
Adrian

Thus remaining entirely consistent.

Reply to