Motorshow parking...

What's the situation with parking for the motorshow down in London... is it fairly easy or pretty much a complete nightmare?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Brother in law says it was a pig. But he finds driving down a quiet high street at 5am a difficult :)

Reply to
Maxi

Quote:

I've been wondering too cos I want to go too, but I won't be able to walk round all day even nearly so I'll be taking the wheel chair and my parents. Hopefully we'll be able to find a disabled place near the door. Don't mind paying as long as we're close :-).

So, really dude, I think you should go tomorrow and find out for me, ok :-) ?

Dan - on his phone.

Reply to
DanB

It's at the Exel centre this year isn't it?

If so it's easier to park up away from there and hop on the DLR if it's running.

Reply to
Depresion

One brief thing I'll mention is, that having just googled and found out that it's at Excel and not Earl's Court, then I can categorically say that it'll be much smaller PITA than if it were at Earl's Court.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Lordy.UK gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Excel is the location equivalent of the single most difficult bit on your car to get to, the bit they hung from the factory ceiling and built the rest of the car around.

There IS no "easy" way to get there. It's horrific by public transport or road.

Reply to
Adrian

It's only 2 underground trains, and a trip on the DLR from Victoria. That's only any good if they are running though. It took an our and a quarter last time though as London had decided to close 87% of it's PT for no apparent reason.

Reply to
Depresion

It was a piece of piss as it happened. Just parked at the big multi storey on-site (for a tenner) and that was it. Even managed to walk in through a back entrance without paying after confusing the Polish "official" manning it with the complicated English words "where is the box office?".

Reply to
Lordy.UK

How limited is parking? Limited enough to be a worry? I'm assuming you went to today? What time did you get there, and does anything close earlier than the showing closing time of 9pm?

Reply to
DanB

Travelled down Sat afternoon. Huge multi-storey on site (4,000 spaces I believe). Got there quite late though (4pm) which probably helped with the parking a fair bit - we only really went for the Squeeze concert, I wasn't actually that bothered about the motorshow itself.

9pm finish sounds about right, everything was still going at 8pm when we went into the arena.
Reply to
Lordy.UK