Musings about random fettlage.

In the last few weeks I've had daily access to the workshop so the E30 has been receiving a load of TLC. It's had a new cambelt and water pump, full service, tappets set properly, rear top mounts replaced, headlamp wash / wipe has been overhauled just because it was there, seat frame finally as it should be (metal fatigue welded up and braced) and I've fixed all the little bulbs here and there on silly things like the rear ashtray, light switch and headlamp adjuster.

Feels great when every time I drive it something has improved. It feels a lot younger than a 19 yr old, 180k mile car should.

Tomorrow I'll sort the dicky central locking solenoid on the back door and get the rear washer aimed better and quite probably fit the Nakamichi stuff from the Rangie to it. :D

Not long to go before its spot on. Needs a trip to the dentman, a pair of Recaros, a bloody good valet and then it's just a case of getting everything else together for the V8 and paint in the spring.

Reply to
Pete M

How's the Renault going?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I've put the interior back in, sourced a new exhaust and fixed the rim leaks. Just need to get the engine going now...

Reply to
Pete M