MX5

My mates just bought an MX5, but no normal MX5. This one has a supercharger bolted to it!!

Just been out for a quick ride and it's mental. It's also got a plate type LSD instead of the normal Torsen thingy, which makes for muchos grin inducing fun with 180bhp going through it! And the noise is great.

I want one!!

Oh, and also been out to a local car show today and have taken a few pics:

Enjoy!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I've been rather enjoying my MX-5 today. I think I'd like it more with a Supercharger, or a V8, or an extra 2000rpm.

I read somewhere that for the MK1 MX-5, Mazda would sell you a pretty mad LSD for your car if you wanted to go racing. When they started fitting LSD to showroom cars, they opted for a softer type that was able to negotiate turns without spinning a wheel.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

This is an imported mk1 and he thinks it may have been an original Mazdaspeed car, so the SC and LSD are the proper items. Possibly the LSD you talk of.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

i've always fancied a supercharged or turbo'd MX5 be a bit mental me thinks, would need 250-300bhp though :)

Reply to
Vamp