My Birthday tomorrow!

My Birthday tomorrow (Saturday the 12th march) i'll be the grand old age of

  1. any ideas one what i should do on a 23rd birthday? i'm out of ideas! going out on the piss seems a bit cliche' but one of the better ideas so far :)
Reply to
Vamp

I went out and got pissed on my 23rd (all of 6 weeks ago now), then came back and drank a load of absinthe, had a fight with some mates with some matches, set light to my mousemates trainers and went to bed :) Also went out for a curry (always good with a load of mates).

If you wanted to do soemthing different you could go go-karting or summat in the afternoon, then get pissed later on.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

PS Happy Birthday :) I'll be spending the daytime in the garage fixing your ex-rust bucket :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

it wasn't a rust bucket! it was just rusticly challeged!

hmm what about getting pissed then going go karting! :-P

Reply to
Vamp

Drinking 'n karting's bad, mmkay.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Since i'm not worried about doing it up properly now, its getting the closest matched paint i could find in Halfrauds which was Ford champagne. Will be interesting to see how it comes out tomorrow!

Sounds like a good idea!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hmmm, from what I can remember all of my birthdays from about 17-25 involved little more than industrial-quantities of alcohol and a check-list of controlled narcotics ;-)

BTW, heard owt about the interview?

Oh aye, happy b'day BTW!

Reply to
Jamesy

your putting Ford paint on my lovely MR2!!!!

Reply to
Vamp

Happy Birthday :)

Reply to
Ronny

cheers all! got a couple of x box games and a load of dvd's so far, might treat the car to a car wash and maybe grab a few beers later!

Reply to
Vamp

Heh. Filled/rubbed down/painted everything now, and it looks a suprisingly good match. Will have to wait till tomorrow after its dried, laquered and all the tape/newspaper is taken off to see how good it really is though. The sills have been done in black hammerite and looks pretty good though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That's nearly as bad as me discovering that silver hammerite is a disturbingly good match for the paint on my Golf...

Reply to
Doki

It's like the old Peugeot Ermine white. That was an exact colour match to the White that Skoda used on Rapids and Estelles, but paint mix places wouldn't mix the Skoda original as it used lead based pigments, and no conversion recipe had ever been supplied, but the Pug colour was perfect and available as a lead free formula.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Happy Bday mate. I hope you mean, treat it to a car was as in getting the bucket, hose and chammy, and a tasteful seclection of Megs product out of the garage, not running it the local filling station to have it sprinkled with grit and dirty water, bathed in corrosive chemicals and then rubbed up the wrong way with rapidly rotating brillo pads.

And to answer your original question. What did I do on my 23rd? Same as every other year, involving downing vast quantities of Newcastle Brown and Jack Daniels (neat), then going for a curry with mates and drinking Indian Lager with a good hot curry (twice I managed to eat a Lamb Phal, don't if you have no idea what it is), walked arround town for a an hour chatting up birds while shitfaced and smelling of curry, get off with some minger, and walk back with her, picking up a Large donner on a Naan bread with extra Chili and Mayo to keep the curry down. Don't ask about next morning, it all comes back to haunt you, but if you plan ahead, the bog roll will still be in the fridge and nicely chilled.

Of course the getting off with a minger hasn't happened for the last 10 years as me and my good lady have been happy together.

Of course there have been times where no minger was available, so after getting the kebab, I have walked home alone, found a convenient wall to lean against whilst sat on the floor eating, fell asleep and been woken a couple of hours later by my then Taxi driving brother, finding myself frozen to the ground by a thick early deep frost (my birthday is december). God I miss those days.

Reply to
Carl Robson

LOL, sounds strangely similar to some of my nights out when i was younger, although I dont like hot currys or chilli sauce :) How i miss the days when i didnt get hangovers, had no responsibilities and spare cash was always available!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Happy Birthday Vamp.

Have you thought about going out for some serious drinking with yer mates?

Just an idea... ;)

Reply to
Questions

Only in that order ;-)

Reply to
Snapper

oh the hangovers were there, but could just eat through them, and they would be gone same day.

Not anymore, to make sure the hangover is livable, the beers and JD is off, and I have to make do with TVRs (Tequila, Vodka and Redbull), real Bloody Mary's, or Smirnoff Black Ice. As long as it is Vodka based, I can drink loads.

Most I've drunk recently was two Xmas's ago at works do.

3 bloody mary's 2 Vodka and fresh OJs 2 TVRs 7 Vodka and Diet cokes (don't want to get fat) 6 Smirnoff Black Ice 3 pints of bitter.

That was between 7pm and 3AM, including having a full works style Xmas dinner at the Hotel we were booked into.

Did have a hangover but that was solved by goign for a double full english at the greasy spoon on the Manchester Arndale indoor market "Fozzies R.I.P" (still has a presence since the market re-shuffle but for the first time I've seen it in 10 years, closed when I was there on Friday).

Reply to
Carl Robson