My modded Pug

Hrm... having a bit of a dilemma here. I took my Peugeot off the road earlier in the year to do a respray and a few bits and pieces to it. Obviously, I needed a car in the meantime and that's why I got the Porsche (yeah right, I bought a Porsche as a 'temp' car!). I haven't done a single thing to the Pug since. It's been sitting in my work's car park for a couple of months now, I start it once every couple of weeks and drive it about.. still goes OK but I dunno what the heck to do with it.

It's a C reg 305 GTX, which was the top-of-the-range spec with a 1.9 litre XU engine. I chucked on a 405 GTX injection head, K&N induction kit and a stainless steel powerflow exhaust. My ultimate aim was to get an Mi16 engine or a properly modded 8v XU derivate and uprate the suspension & brakes. I also did a full-body respray myself a couple of years ago, but I was never happy with the finish, which is why I was thinking about doing it again. It goes like stink. Well, for a 305, it goes like stink ;) I've got tons of spare parts knocking around, including some new old stock and just random bits and pieces that I've collected over the years. It's MOT'd and taxed up until Jan next year. Problems with it are that it needs new valve stems and a knocking noise on the front offside wheel looking at (I have a new driveshaft sitting at home waiting to be fitted).

Trouble is, I think it's been parked up at work a bit too long. Last night someone stole the aerial and wrote a message in the dust on the bonnet. I figure that's a fairly good warning that I should probably move it, as where silly pikey kids who steal aerials hang out, usually someone comes along to burn it to shit sometime later.

So, I'm stuck with a car I can't afford to drive, probably isn't worth anything second hand (even with all the bits and pieces, I think I'd be lucky to find someone interested in actually *paying* for it) and is too good to scrap. I don't really even have anywhere else to put it! Argh! What the hell do I do with it!?!?!!?

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

TBH i'd chuck it in your local paper/ad-mag for a bargain type price and take offers.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Banger racing.

YKIMS.

Reply to
DanTXD

Seconded although I can see there being some sort of emotional attatchment, My original intention when I bought the Carlton was to banger race it when the MOT/Tax ran out. Never happened, it's a known quantity on the reliability stakes and right now I cant afford to buy anything else.

D'oh.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

attatchment,

You normally need carbs on something if you're going to banger it.

Assuming you convert it to this (not exactly a challenge), going by the classes where I tend to watch, you'd not be able to race it in the bangerstox, as these are normally only up to 1.6ccs, and I think you'd be a screw loose to take it out with the Mk2 Granadas etc.

Some race Bluebirds in the latter, but then they are built like a brick outhouse for their size.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Every sunday round my way, no classes or owt. Just need to have no windows and have a cage and harness. All legit too. Bargain at 25 euro for the day!

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

I like the approach taken to Hot Rods at Warneton in Belgium - one bit of

2x4 strapped to the back of the seat, with a nail through the roof for positioning :)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The one I was going to enter the carlton in requires an additional metal roof support held in by at least 2 8mm bolts at each end, apart from that just about anything goes.

I scammed a free 1.1 metro instead, it was ace:

Lost a tyre (kept the wheel) and cracked the fuel tank so I ran out of petrol just after I finished the last race.

£45 for a day's motorsport - £30 of which was disposal of the car.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

have a look on the forum of

They love tweaked old motors, and have a frum and a for sale board.

If you just want to shift it, sell it to go quickly at a silly price.

i know a few on there who would snap it up.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

...mucho snippage.....

I work for PlusNet mate :o)

small world innit ;o)

Reply to
Mason

Hahaha! Actually, I thought about that right after I posted. Tempting, although it would seem a bit of a waste. It'd probably be fun though, once I'd got a few dents in it and didn't care anymore.

I just found out it was actually my UNCLE who wrote 'we was ere' in the bonnet of my car. Gee, thanks. Apparently he didn't steal the aerial, but I shall be checking his house next time I'm there. Last time people started writing in it, I had to take it the car wash.

Quick stock check - I have three BNIB rear light clusters for a 305 saloon, one brand new 305 chromed badge, one new headlight, one new rear shock (the other has been fitted to my car), two new rear shock mounts, a brand new nearside driveshaft (can also be used as an offside if you pull it apart), one nearside track rod end, a carb fed cylinder head, various switchgear, mats and oddments. Oh and I even have a 1/43 scale 305 model. Awww.

Chris.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Thanks for that. It's definately on my mind just to get rid of it, along with all the spares, to someone who'd actually want to continue messing with it - I honestly thought that no one in their right mind would want a fuel-injected 305 but I guess there's enough crazy people out there ;)

Cool site, btw, I've just been drooling over the pics of that 5 litre Mk3 Cortina:

Now THAT's a car I'd love to own.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

See if you can find some pics of Rmad's V8 Herald that was Ebayed recently, it was sold, but he is waiting for the money.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yeah, I saw that - someone posted here when it was for sale I think - it's not too far from me. Herald's aren't my favourite cars, but I was considering asking if I could just go and have a look.. no intention of buying, I just wanted to drool on the bonnet for a while.

;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Small world? You try walking around it.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You had to take your Uncle's house to the car wash? Blimey....

Good luck with getting it to a good home. With something like that I'd conduct interviews to make sure it went to the most deserving potential owner :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I flew round it once, albeit in stages, took a bloody long time. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'd say Ebay it.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

I got pissed off with virgin net circa christmas last year so left. If it all goes pear shaped in sheffield I know who's door to come knocking on! In fact, Plus Net's website will probably tell me.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well, if you're anywhere near Dorset, and still have it, you could always give it to me! I might even give you a fiver for it, which is more than I like to pay for a road legal car ;)

Actually, I've always quite liked the 305, after seeing a deep red GTX near where I lived many years ago. It's got that whole purposeful stance about it, IMO, and also pretty much teh 2 box design that got lost in the jelly mould of modern cars.

Reply to
Stuffed