My weekends work as well... well recent projects..

Project one:

Select one old Nissan engine, search ebay and find the finest grade of CBR600 carbs. Add to micra engine and stir throughly adding in a mixture of aluminum welding and various bits of metal:

Assemble engine onto test frame with with various parts lying about and finally stir with petrol.

Add ignition and power to starter. Next film experiment and upload for your own amusment.

Next remove from test lines and drop into actual micra for real testing..

Follow the above for your own amusment.

Anyway, yeah this ran fine but with some misfires. I decided eventually to take the carbs off and clean the jets after looking at the mess of two of the sparkplugs (extreme lean running anyone) They now work really well and the car is very smooth indeed. Next step add Nissan ECC ignition and a decent exhaust..

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Thats really really cool but you've just reminded me of the plan i had for fitting R1 carbs to a 19 lump and stickin it back in the purple one...the one i just scrapped, doh!

Reply to
Chet

Haha :) You want to hear the way this thing revs now. Its insane. When I get a rev counter that goes above 6k I will tell more. I feel like a rudeboy racer again hahaha :) I get a new engine for this in a few weeks time, I may refine it all and see what I can do, but now im just abusing the current engine in that thing.

Reply to
Ed

Have you the facilities at hand for aluminium welding? I was thinking on goin with mild steel but that means making up an inlet flange instead of choppin up the old manifold.

How/why did you decide on CBR 600 carbs?

With the 19 the injectors are mounted in the head so it would be quite easy to use the carbs as trottle bodies, using an r-tuner ecu i'm sure a few ponies could be dragged out of it fairly cheaply

Reply to
Chet

I have a mig welder but its to brutal for this stuff (I manged to alu weld some holes i wanted blocking but it was too much for the thing wall tube) so I got a friend to do it who has a mega bucks mig. He did try to tig it first but there were to many impuraties in the carb castings.

Sensible guess work. A devent tuned 1.0 engine should beable to break

100bhp. Stock is 55. CBR600 is around 90. It made sense. I can now say its spot on.

Or better still just get bike throttlebodies from an injected bike.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Oh dear, please excuse those typos. I hit send before I bothered to read what I had said!

Reply to
Ed

Couple of the eastern block Skoda boys have bike carbs.

2 on a 120L and 4 on a 136.

They made up gasket plates with tubes and mounted the carbs on silicon stubs off the tubes. As you say, opens up the revs nicely.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

But carbs are cheaper and using the original injectors makes thigs alot easier

Reply to
Chet

What about bike throttle bodies with the injectors (if in body) removed and plugged with epoxy or chemical metal, and using the original injectors?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That would have been what I would have done. The reason I suggested bike throttle bodies, is then you dont have to remove all the carb bits and block loads of holes.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Ah, right. Well it all comes down to price really. Anyways as i said, i forgot the plan and scrapped the car!

Reply to
Chet

Just had to go one better didnt you :)

Nice work BTW!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

haha Cheers! Ill post something about the ST soon. That is at the moment in about a million bits whilst I change the colour of the car lol.

Reply to
Ed