DanB

damn right

Elder wrote:

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

NEC one would be good.

Reply to
Pete M

Shame more big national events don't happen in Leicester. Brilliantly geographically central location in this country.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'm meeting someone at Leicester Forest East services next week :-)

Reply to
DanB

Have a look for a coolant cap. Oh wait he found it already.

Reply to
Elder

Oh no it's not.

Everything else is agin it. When I lived in Leicester someone intending to become a postgrad asked my tutor "How would you describe Leicester as a place to live?" and he replied "It's the dead centre of England."

Reply to
Steve Firth

Shame that the road planners forgot to give it decent East-West links as well as North-South links, though.

Reply to
SteveH

That's only because there's relatively f*ck all anyone would want to visit that's directly to the East or West of the place.

Maybe you've got a bit of a point, certainly with regards to the East (your regular stomping ground) - but that's not specifically Leicester - that's East-West road links to most places East of Leicester - in fact, East of Leicester there's pretty much no decent high-speed road links full stop, bar the A1, be it North-South or East-West.

As far as going West, there aren't many places directly West of Leicester that aren't better served by either going North to the A50 or South to the M6.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The road links from anywhere west, north or south or Birmingham are s**te, too.

Reply to
SteveH

Everyone in Leicester drives like they're 40 minutes late for work and my car has a sticker in the back window that says "I shagged your mam".

Reply to
Doki

And strangely enough, they all live within 20 a minute drive of work.

Reply to
AstraVanMan