New arrival: Saab 9000 CD

The Samba's probably going back on the 'bay and I needed a short-term drive. (PeteM why didn't you advertise the Golf a few days ago?).

Anyone want a dead Samba? Or can think of uses for one?

Advertised in the Saab owners club forum;

Saab 9000 CD 1992 on a private reg. 11 mths MOT, 7 mths tax. In excellent condition - a small dent on the passenger door, broken radio aeriel and tempermental drivers electric window switch. Just serviced by Saab mechanic - drives well. Photo at:

(by seller, not me). Collected it from Morecambe this afternoon after making the seller a cheeky offer. He came back with a very reasonable price which I agreed happily.

Not a bad day out by the seaside plus a drive back over the dales.

David

Reply to
David Lane

What's been done about the Samba and it's seller? Are you having his legs broke :-p ?

Reply to
Iridium

He's been reported to VOSA and eBay. But as I paid cash there's nothing else eBay will do.

However, I'm passing by his garage in about a fortnight ... ;-)

David

Reply to
David Lane

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, David Lane wittered on forthwith;

Because I've only just decided on next project....

Shame, I advertise on 'ere the same afternoon the rest of the group goes and buys cars.

Bastards, the lot 'o ya!

Reply to
Pete M

No thanks I've alredy got a dead Range Rover that also came off ebay.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

No thanks I've alredy got a dead Range Rover that also came off ebay.

Reply to
Mike P

Hmm.

/ Imagines a Samba with Rover V8 and Citroen hydropneumatic suspension.

/ Then finds a potty to be sick in.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Unfortunately, it's the V8 bit of the Rangie that's not working....

You could always use the Xantia engine with the Rangie suspension.

*shudder*
Reply to
SteveH

Easy to fix though. Can't believe he's not fixed it yet.

Ewwww.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f3kjgp$8e2$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

And you didn't think of modding a Samba convertible? Shame on you.

Swap for a broken Samba? (plus cash)

David

/ who's stupidly thinking of sticking a new engine in it if it doesn't sell.

Reply to
David Lane

Time, and nobody local having parts, and not being exactly sure which=20 part it is.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

What's up with it then? I'm helping a mate break a 205 gti at the weekend so should be able to get some bits free. It's the same one who now has your old 416 which is still running well.

Reply to
James Grabowski

Christ, all it needs is some compression, spark and fuel at vaugely the right time and a Rover V8 will run..

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks James.

It needs an oil pump or feeder pipe. It's the old XY Pug 1.4 engine.

My garage won't look at it since it'll need the engine taking out to do the job and they're too busy. Honestly, they are - since they're down on staff and jobs are stacked up all over. That's what comes of doing a decent job at a very fair price!

It'll also need some brake calipers soon, but the other parts I'd already bought but hadn't got round to fitting.

Glad to see the 416 is going well. My pedantic nature of servicing must have paid off!

David

Reply to
David Lane

Yep, but it is which bit of the sparking/time bits that have caused the=20 problem. I'll sort that hopefully this weekend.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

Mine started playing "hunt the misfire" on the way back from Warrington. As the HT system is pretty new I think I'll just throw some plugs at it.

Reply to
Pete M

Save that old cap and rotor just incase. I'll nip to Partco Saturday AM before going into town and new.

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

I put the old rotor arm and cap back on this afternoon because the contacts in the new one looked as if they'd been chewed, strangely enough. Still ran ok, but the misfire at low revs is puzzling.

Hmm.

Reply to
Pete M

How is it behaving with the old one back in?

on mine it was missing initially at about 2k revs, or a nice steady=20 cruise on the Mway.

And yes, chewing does seem suspicious.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

Did the Rangie die? I haven't been keeping up on here...

Reply to
Abo