New toys

If they can be salvaged they will be a lot better then the standard ones.

There are a couple of options, the best is the 35DLM8 (with the amplifier mounted on the side) you may have issues with the oil pump as early V8's had a different couplings)

That does not look in the best of health.

As the points are gone I would see how it goes, SU's will be better then the Stromberg's tho I would be tempted to go Efi.

Reply to
Geoff

Indeed, I shall be looking into getting them fitted later on.

It was working, but as I said before it was from a rally car, so the engine bay was normally caked in mud.

The points were never there anyway - no V8 SD1s had them to my knowledge. The SUs are just a stop-gap to getting the car running properly (the Strombergs have pissed me off). Next on the list is a 4 barrel carb. I know it's hassle compared to EFi, but I don't care, it's what I want :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The early ones did, the V8 in my current project came out of a SD1 with points.

So you just wan the noise then ;-)

Reply to
Geoff

Fair enough, my Rover Repair manual only lists the electronic type, as does the Haynes, but that's obviously not necessarily accurate!!

Ohhhh yes :D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The first time I have see the words Haynes manual and accurate in the same sentence....

As well as the noise you need the whole vehicle to rock when you blip the throttle.

Reply to
Geoff

Dead right. V8's should have a big carb stuck on the top!

Actually I don't think a 4bbl carb is hassle, I've just fitted a Holley (Street Avenger) to mine, (Chrysler engine) they come wet flowed and jetted and run well straight out of the box with just a tweak of the idle mixture and curb idle screw needed.

Accelerator pump cams, squirter jets, different springs (for the vacuum secondaries) and main jets are all readily available and cost a few pennies. So one trip to a rolling road should have it fine tuned.

Will you use vac secondaries or a double pumper?

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

God no, trying to make a V8 run underwater is difficult enuf without a four barrel carb with a large chrome pancake on top.

Seen a few people using 2 sets of bike carbs, not sure how well they work tho.

Reply to
Geoff

Very, with some tweaking to the tune :)

Reply to
Elder

It already does!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's whatever I can get my hands on TBH, but I reckon either would do. Basically I'm on the lookout for something more or less setup for a RV8 - so if the right sort of thing comes up at the right price I'll buy it!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sounds like your suspension is a bit soft for a road car !

Reply to
Geoff