New vehicle

Actually, I've had it for a few weeks now.

I just couldn't bring myself to admit ownership to the great unwashed of ukrcm.

Guess the vehicle.

(Anyone who works in airport or lives in Bradford is excluded from this competition. You know who you are)

It has 5 doors. Two of the doors hinge at the front. One of the doors hinges from the top. Two of the doors neither hinge from the top or the front. It has 110bhp. It has 184 lb/ft of torque. It smells of Garlic. There are no lions on the badge. It won't make any of you jealous, not even slightly. Even Skinny Doug could sleep in the back if he wanted to.

You have one shot at guessing, use it wisely.

;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

But could there be, with relatively few other changes?

Is it b'ling-b'ling?

Reply to
Adrian

There could.

No.

:-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Sliding doors

1.6HDI

French

Citroen.

Yep , definitely a Citroen ;0)

Whatever their van thing is :0)

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Synergie. Its more probably a 2.0 HDi I reckon though.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Oops, missed this bit.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Doesn't smell of garlic, then. That's a faint whiff of pasta sauce.

Reply to
Adrian

Oi we're not allowed to enter ! :)

Don't diss the HDi, I'm "smoking" around in a 306 HDi at the mo', it's suprisingly OK. 'specially the engine :)

I've gone from 24mpg to over 50 :)

All because I need another 4-door, due to a new arrival in the family :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Hinge at the rear?

Is it a clownfish?

Reply to
rp

I knew someone would get it eventually...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Wot he said. I was initially thinking "berlingo", and also "I could be jealous of that, fairly easily" but the Synergie... no, not really.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

See, that bit I don't get. Whilst I could easily understand that nobody would actually want a Synergie, why would a Berlingo be any better ? I have no problem with Berlingos, you can do stuff with them, just like the synergie. You can just do less stuff...

;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Because it looks like a van, and is effectively a van with seats and some extra glass, whereas the Synergie... humm... does the term 'Sunshine Bus' mean anything to you?

That, and every Synergie / 806 I've ever seen on eBay and the like always seems to be riddled with problems, whereas Berlingos seem to be pretty resilient - something perhaps to do with the latter being something of a 'no frills' vehicle, and therefore pretty basic toys wise.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Well, it's not exactly rational, but I reckon the Berlingo is a bit cool, because it's a car (at least in car form) for those who aspire to have a van [1] and who don't care in the slightest about image [2]

The synergie is just a bit, well, sprog-bus.

[1] Yes, we^h^h they do exist [2] this probably goes naturally with [1], but surely it's a key ingredient in being cool? This is a genuine question; I have no expertise in coolness.
Reply to
Albert T Cone

Being a car that's also a van was more than a little of what I was looking for and a Berlingo or Partner wouldn't have worked for me or, yes I admit it, I would have had one. Plus, you can sleep in the back of a Eurovan.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Synergie is pretty uncool. Admit it, that's what you were aiming for. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

My cousin has a VW caddy as his only transport. He uses it for commuting and taking his trials bikes places.

He did have a hot hatch for work and a Transit Connect for play but he crashed the car and never went back.

Vans can be handy, but their lack of seating can make them a bit impractical.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

...which is why Berlingo Multispaces and the like make good sense for some...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

It's so uncool that most people wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, therefore only the truly enlightened would have one.

Ergo.

It's cool.

See, YKIMS.

Anyway, it's a lifestyle vehicle donchaknow. Swivel the front chairs around to the back. Fold the centre seat into picnic table mode. And you're good to go.

It's like a Bongobus only in FWD form. It's a Zilbus.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Bet it'll tow a Kit Car to a hillclimb and provide a base for tools and cups of tea nicely too.

Hey man, you don't need to explain it to me. Family Payne was there a few years ago with a 1987 Espace.

Reply to
Douglas Payne