Nice iphone HUD mod

Just uploaded a video if anyone is interested a HUD using the Iphone, can even keep the colours the same as your dashboard, works very well, also tells you where every speed camera is and distance too it.

I was quite impressed, this bloody ap store is well addictive :)

sorry about the shitty music :I

Reply to
Ronny

Hmm that actually looks pretty cool. How bright is it in reality, does it work ok in daylight, or is it a low-light thing only?

Reply to
Abo

not bad in daylight, real bright at night although you can adjust the brightness on the phone, costs 59p so you cant go wrong :)

Reply to
Ronny

Just worth noting that it'll only work with 3G iPhones, as the original iPhone doesn't have GPS.

Which is why I didn't run off to the app store to buy it.

Reply to
SteveH

Hmmm, I had decided against an iPhone when my contract is up for renewal next month, and was just gonna go for a little Sony Ericsson phone and a free Touch instead, but shit like this will change my mind. Damn you.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

If it had a 3.2MP camera it would be bloody perfect, apparently a new model is coming out in July so wait till then, I'm running the beta firmware on mine and its even better as it has A2DP streaming.

Reply to
Ronny

How did you manage that, then?

Reply to
SteveH

Just downloaded that ap you told me about ha-ha shows my car as a 0-60 in 12 secs, here is the graph, although I'm going to try again tomorrow

Ronny

It's your fuel map. It's got a nasty hole. That's why you're unloading in third. I lengthen the injector pulse a millisecond. Just tune the NOS timer, you'll run nines.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Thx I will strip it down now :)

Reply to
Ronny

After another run I am seeing proper results now, put the weight of my car in and it seems more consistent, I think my car is a 150bhp model and on a good run I am seeing 135bhp at the wheels

that shows all the data collected

The program SteveH recommended is

costs 7.99 and is said to be more reliable than G-tech pro

Reply to
Ronny

Whats the HUD app mentioned down there at the start of the thread ?

Reply to
Brownz (Mobile)