No Daimler for me .... :-(

The wife's decided to spend the money we've got on a) decorating two bedrooms and b) two new computers so she can do her work.

Therefore my cash is gone and I've got 1000-1250 to spend, plus whatever I can get someone to pay for the Rover (possibly 200-300 since it's got 11 months ticket).

So ... any suggestions. It's not going to be a Jag and therefore I'm looking at a Nissan/Toyota/Saab barge to last about 12 months until the salary boost comes in (we've been promised, but we've been promised since 2005), so 12 months ticket is probably a must. And no, the Rover won't last.

David

Reply to
David Lane

I would say, the best spec Saab 9000 2.3 turbo you can find. Full pressure turbo for performance, light pressure turbo for economy, aero for both but it might be a bit neglected for the money you have.

A 2.3 full pressure turbo 9000CDE should fall right in your budget.

If the idea of a Krusty old LPG Rangie Rover doesn't happen, a 9000 is a maybe.

Reply to
Elder

Thanks - I used to have a Saab 99 ( NVN 99M ) which was interesting. Particularly since it used to be owned by a Chief Constable - who spared no expense.

I'll look into a Saab - either a CD or CS.

David

Reply to
David Lane

CD models are cheaper, hatchbacks are the prefered mode, like old Volvos are prefered in estate form.

How about a Volvo 850, they are cheap enough and FWD, or 960 if you want RWD?

Reply to
Elder

We have a 9000 CDE LPT. Fantastic cars, especially for the money they cost nowadays. Ours is shortly to gain a Jak Stoll ECU and an intercooler. All the stuff is here, so it's just a matter of fitting it.

Goes reasonably with 150bhp, so let's see how it goes with 250bhp.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle