Not even slightly car related

But I bought a Triumph Daytona 675 this week. On Wednesday I had 4 bikes in the shed. By the end of today I'll be back down to 2. Got a massive bargain on it at the auctions. Nearly half price.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Great. You keep deluding yourself into thinking such wild stories. Next you'll be trying to convince us that you live in some far-off land where the sun shines, there are perfect beaches and most of the women feel uncomfortable unless they are in bikinis. Dreamer.

Reply to
conkersack

Nice dude, I love the Daytona - I think it looks awesome, although I must admit, I prefer the Speed Triple hehe :-)

Reply to
DanB

I love the phrase "half price". It always makes me laugh when people think they got a bargain, bought something in a sale or got so many percent off. All of it is a game and people end up parting with more than they should. Simple shop type sales psychology. Retailers pay a fortune for consultants.

Reply to
JD

Suck my c*ck.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I take you just fancied a gobble job, and no particular insult intended.

Reply to
Elder

Trident owners maxim (from first time around). "God loves a triple"

Got hijacked by XS750 owners.

Reply to
Peter Hill

: ) It actually pissed rain all week and I've only had a chance to ride it properly in the dry today. But all the rest is true. You also forgot great scuba diving and fishing. Life's tough.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

They are all 14 grand in the paper. I paid 7 grand at a damaged vehicles auction. It needs a fairing ($240) and a dent taken out of the tank which my spraypainter mate will fix for $100. Half price enough for you?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

His mum is here sucking mine now.

When she's done I'm gonna kick her in the flaps.

Reply to
DanB

Aussie women were way way below what I was expecting. All the fitties live in Eastern Europe. Now, get Aussie beaches and attach them to a land locked country like Cz, which also happens to have seriously good beer, and you'd be onto a winner. And throw in a few Aussie V8s too, man cannot live by Skoda alone.

Reply to
Doki

Bastard! Just make sure you don't become a motorcycling statistic.

Reply to
conkersack

Where d'you go? I thought they were pretty much all tasty on the Gold Coast.

It seems to have it's fair share, for sure.

Ever been to Munich? That's the best place for flange and beer I've been to yet! Mind you, these things are subjective, so each to their own!

I do! Rockin' a 1.6 litre Octavia here. Oh man, it's awesome. And I prefer straight-6's to V8's anyday!

There's probably quite an unwelcome insight into my life and mind in there somewhere!

Reply to
conkersack

Mmm, I love I6 engines.

Quite fancy V8ing an MX-5 though actually.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Do they go on the equivalent of the 'HPI Register' over there when they've been subject to an insurance claim?

If so, this will probably affect the resale value no matter how good the repair is, unfortunately.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Some retailer would probably pay you a fortune as a consultant to come up with slogans like that, you know.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

It's the Tourettes...

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Tell her I said 'Hi', and same time as usual next week if she's not already booked, please.

'He slimed me!'

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

What's wrong with a Tatra boy, a Tatra.

Reply to
Elder

You maybe experienced butch outback sheilas. Fraser took me to this bar (called the Saint IIRC) where the number of unfeasibly attractive women was just unbelievable. I even caught SWMBO eying them up.

Got back to the place we were staying and told the landlady where we'd been. She said "yeah, silicon valley" I think she must've known Fraser and all his mates went there regularly. They all seemed to be in the IT game.

Reply to
fishman