Not the best condition but

When I went from the Passat with climate to the Marea without even aircon, I found the best way to get decent airflow without drowning out the stereo was to tilt the sunroof and open the rear windows a tad.

Didn't really notice the lack of aircon on open roads by doing that.

When the temps. crawled into the 30s last summer, I remember sitting in traffic with all windows and the sunroof open to try and keep it cool.

Never again will I buy a car without aircon as a daily driver.

Reply to
SteveH

Possibly - although I'm not sure how many mugs will spend 500 quid on an MOT fail ;-)

Also, nearly 600 quid buys a whole host of decent MOTd, working, normal cars - even diesel ones with aircon.....

Reply to
SteveH

Wel, yes. But if you need something that'll work every day and get you to and from work and have f*ck-all cash to spend, you want 'normal'. Well, ish, anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

You've obviously never experienced the airflow a Range Rover ventilation system can provide. They're designed to survive the desert *without AC*, ffs.

This isn't a vehicle thats designed to just carry reps up motorways y'know. It'll climb mountains, cross deserts and is good on the motorway as well.

Reply to
Pete M

Plugs, leads and dizzycap will cost under £30 and last quite some time.

Reply to
Pete M

Like the landie group guys said, you paid the price of the LPG kit. If it turns out to be a shed, strip the kit, sell the rangie as an offroader, or as scrap, and the kit, and still make some money.

Reply to
Elder

1 MOT. 2 Service it. 3 a cheap but cheerful bluetooth equiped headunit to go with my satnav equipped phone. 4 fix the rear windows and have a bash at the aircon to prove SteveH wrong ;) (I was right with the aircon in Celica, and the drivers window in the first Saab). 5) go play.
Reply to
Elder

I know my Rangie doesn't. The hard-dash classic is the better model.

Reply to
Elder

Yes.

Yes.

If you like that.

Do you really pay attention at SteveH? I read his remarks from time to time and almost feel guilty that I have a near brand new (10.000 km) Alfa 75TS, slightly tuned, in the garage.

Smiled when he mentionend his "appreciating classic but welded up 75". Yeah: it will be worth something when pigs fly. Most likely however is that his corroded beauty will be shagged through Ebay for about half what you paid for the Range (and that is very optimistic)

Like Pete said: the Range was build for and saw service in anything from country lanes to deserts. Comfortwise yours is better than the military equivalent.

Done quite some road in the army in various vehicles: jeeps, lorries, full tracks and tanks. One didnot die during transport, there was no aircon. Aircon in a your Range is the very last of your worries, rear window: idem. See to it that the major mechanical parts are OK, the rest is but gimmick.

Do some moderate off-road, an easy gymkhana or something where you don't need a winch or special tires. Do not roll it. Do not enter a pool of water deeper than the doorsills and you will be fine.

Have fun.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

You obviously haven't been following ebay prices on sorted 75s recently, then.

£2500 or so was the selling price of the last minter.
Reply to
SteveH

Was thinking maybe, once I know everything is ok, maybe do some pay and play quarry type days. Learn how it drives off road, and how to do it properly.

Reply to
Elder

Ahhha so that's the one that rusts around the petrol filler cap. Or something.

Reply to
DervMan

I still don't get why having a poorly built dashboard made soft so that it doesn't squeak... is a *positive* thing.

Reply to
DervMan

Correction applied.

Reply to
DervMan

I thought you lived in Acomb though? It's certainly pikey there and not really considered to be York by the locals.

Reply to
James Grabowski

You put yer wood away ffs. Christ, some blokes just shouldn't be allowed loose with a webcam :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Nah, I'll just flog it on. Did you notice, with the Octavia, the decission to sell was made, and the reasons given, the biggest winge was not being able to shift it when I needed the money most.

Reply to
Elder

i doubt they give so much of a f*ck about spelling and grammer as you do steve, cos i think they like have a life.

unlike you i couldn't care if they did or didn't really.

so your a bit of a loner? or they couldn't stand you boring people in an office?

Reply to
Vamp

My office is my car, YTC. Or the coffee table.

Reply to
SteveH

"Pete M" wrote in message news:eukhkc$k34$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Aie perhaps, except I'm tight and I like to sniff my fingers after filling up with diesel.

I think the only car that I've bought that I didn't get on with was the Accord. Competent, quiet, but not particularily comfortable, dull to look at, much better to drive than you'd suspect. If it weren't for my injured back I suspect the Honda's seat would have been much better. As it was I was getting a nast mid / lower back ache after an hour. I figured that if I injured my back when I was young and didn't look after it, I'd always have an injured back.

For the Saab, truth be told I've always liked them, ever since my introduction to a T16 all those years ago. I'm also a fan of the low pressure turbo (2.0t) engine. But when it comes down to it for the vast majority of my driving there's no difference between the 1.0 and the 5.4, if you see what I mean. In rush hour I can't press on.

I do however save around £1300 a year or so with the TiD rather than the

2.0t, which just about pays for the trip to see my inlaws. Care not I for SteveH's petty little rants, but in terms of priorities, seeing the family is a big one. I can't be doing with working and working just to bring more money in, I've better things to do with my time. It's a life balance thing I suppose.
Reply to
DervMan