Nova 2.0 litre 4x4.

There is, (or at least there was, cos I haven't seen it for a few months) a Mini round here where someone has done just that - mounted the body on a massive balloon tyred chassis.

Looks well good.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Not as much fun though, is it

Reply to
Rusty®

"in the future" ?!?!?

Someone should tell them that they stopped making Novas MANY years ago...

Reply to
Nom

THe problem is I used to be into car customising rather than just=20 bolting bits on from the local Halfords. I think the yoof of today are=20 missing out on alot. THey spend =A3300 on some mod kit, spend 10 minutes=20 fitting it and that's it. Personally that'd be a hell of an anti- climax.

--=20 ________________________ Conor Turton conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ICQ:31909763 ________________________

Reply to
Conor

But they just won't go away, no matter how many are modified, crashed and scrapped.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

THe problem is I used to be into car customising rather than just bolting bits on from the local Halfords. I think the yoof of today are missing out on alot. THey spend £300 on some mod kit, spend 10 minutes fitting it and that's it. Personally that'd be a hell of an anti- climax.

i'm more of the school of "let's spend 3 days making this fit where it's not supposed to" and then stand back and admire :)

-- ________________________ Conor Turton conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ICQ:31909763 ________________________

Reply to
dojj

I like the sound of that but then again I've always fancied one of these:

don't think they were sold over her as I've only ever seen LHD models.

Reply to
Depresion

ive seen them lol, well funny got a tyre on the back just like a real offroader :P

Reply to
Theo

Thing is it's probably a lot better at off roading than the current crop of SUVs. (X5, X3 etc not the likes of the land cruiser)

Reply to
Depresion

LOL. I think a new thread may be in order. Maddest thing you could do to a Nova.

Reply to
Conor

Nah. It's got a crappy viscous centre diff that is useless at best and actually screws up the car's chassis at worse, and normal Golf Syncro running gear. The engine is 18" down in the engine bay, and there's no real ground clearance. Look at the skid pan.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Golf and Jetta were both marketed as RHD Syncro - around 200 Jettas and a few more Golfs were sold in the UK, just not the Country, which has a separate chassis. Syncro means different things on different platforms, anyway, just like Quattro does now.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick