now thats a hot-hatch

Not suite sure on the green/brown interior trim though - re done in something nice, then the outside reprayed in black and that would look mean as you like! Just down the road from me too.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sweet!! Not suite sure on the green/brown interior trim though - re done > in something nice, then the outside reprayed in black and that would look > mean as you like! Just down the road from me too.>

Plenty strong enough to stand say 350 to 400 bhp extra nitrous for fun at the lights!

Reply to
Burgerman

This might suit SteveH

Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

heh, I sense an account that's been hijacked.

Reply to
Pete M

a complete chunk of shit. Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

What a complete chunk of shit.>

Thats the point! All the normals look at it and laugh. Till it leaves two foot wide tyre tracks as it leaves them for dead. It can be hotted up rather successfully! Its a small block strong V8. i would leave it that ugly/tatty on purpose and have about 600bhp with nitrous and a tuned motor.

Reply to
Burgerman

> What a complete chunk of shit.>>

Sounds like a plan. Shit panel gaps (moving the latch and hinges if needed) so that bonnet looks like it is hanging off. Really nasty plywood interior and maybe even a couple of them plastic "antistatic" lighting bolt things dangling off the back.

Reply to
Elder

What a complete chunk of shit. Indeed, the reputation of the AMC Gremlin in the states was rock-bottom. Lower even than the regard the British had for the Marina.

It features in the Simpsons, one of the Treehouse of Horror cartoons where Bart reprises the Twilight Zone on the school bus. "Otto there's a gremlin on the side of the bus!"

"OK, little dood, I got it."

[Otto swerves bus into AMC Gremlin driven by Moleman, which runs very slowly off the road hit a tree at walking pace and promptly bursts into flames.]

A friend of mine had one in Chicago. It was a complete heap and to get into it you needed to bale in through the hatch then kick the doors open.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What a complete chunk of shit.>

100% agreed. It may be fast, but I'd have too much self respect...
Reply to
DanTXD

> What a complete chunk of shit.> >

Quite impressif... and the chance that's going to happen? Nearing none at all.

Besides that: my red lights races are done and won. Earned me close to nothing, on the exception of a big fine and a licence revoked for 3 weeks.

Mind you: allready more than 15 years ago... and now I read in the papers that some bloke has been flashed at the very same spot doing some 60 kph less than I did and he got his drivers licence revoked for a year.

"Because he was engaged in an illegal street race"... Well, who wasn't?

More impressif even: the car worth next to nothing and then throwing buckets of money at it, making it worth next to nothing.

Why do you fancy cars on which the tires you need to place on are more expensif than the bloody car itself?

Buy something nice. A shed will always be a shed and in the unlikely event that you get the 600 HP-engine in that car, the odds are fair that the car/engine combination will kill you. I have done the shed-with-a-lot-of-power-exercice with the BX16V: it gets boring, read embarassing, very quicky.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

> > What a complete chunk of shit.>> >

All that is what I was thinking but couldn't be bothered to type :-) It may be fast, but it's still a shed at the end of the day...

Reply to
DanTXD

> What a complete chunk of shit.>>

Until you hit the first corner.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

TBH, I get my fun by out-accelerating boy racers in hot hatches up to whatever limit is in place, then watching them streak past the speed cameras. It's a fine art, but I've got it down to perfection on Milbrook Road, Soton.

Reply to
Steve Firth

> > What a complete chunk of shit.>> >

As long as its mechanically sound but runs 9 second quarter miles and can smoke ites rear drive sticky fat tyres for the length of the drag strip who cares!

Because its FUN! lIFES SHORT HAVE SOME FUN!

Standard small block thats healthy can easily do 600bhp with some nitrous. I have fitted more than that to some really serious small blocks for drag use only without issues.

I have done the shed-with-a-lot-of-power-exercice

How the hell can you compare a front drive 4 pot shopping trolly to a Nitroused V8 rear drive drag strip refugee on the road!!!

Reply to
Burgerman

>> What a complete chunk of shit.>>>

Nobody said it would corner well!

Reply to
Burgerman

With that short wheelbase I imagine it would snap oversteer at the drop of a hat. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Actually its the long cars that do sudden hard to catch oversteer. But I like it anyway!

Reply to
Burgerman

> What a complete chunk of shit.>>

Some people would say exactly the same about your car!

Personally I couldnt care less what people thought about it, or what the Simpson reckon, I'd love to give it a try and make up my own mind. At the end of the day it's got a v8 and RWD - which is a good thing, and not exactly common in this country!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

>> What a complete chunk of shit.>>>

And the shittier it looks the more surprised the the biker in the other lane is going to be!

Reply to
Burgerman