Now this has gotta be worth a look.....

From autobahnstormers (hence the link!):

Vauxhall Lotus Carlton 3.6 24V twin turbo, 1992, 6-speed manual, Imperial Green, Black Leather interior, 32k miles, 2 owners, no current MOT, no current road tax, ABS, alarm, air conditioning, alloys, central locking, electric windows, FSH, Immobiliser, PAS, sun roof. Lotus Carlton No. 0191G in need of finishing off 32,000 miles, service history, UK RHD, 2 owners from new, mint trim, needs under engine bay reassemble ie route loom air com pump to fit pas and alteranator to fit and rads and pipe work a few days work at most. This car has been off the road since 94 paint work is good a cheap Carlton for sure, House forces reluctant sale. £8,250 ono. Contact Dave on 0121 459 5970, 07980 894 901 or e-mail. (26/06/03)

Ok, so it needs a fair bit of reassembling (and one might ask why it was taken apart in the first place), but that's a pretty damn good price for a Lotus Carlton - most of the others are around double that!

Nom, fancy this one?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Fancy it plenty, but maintainence costs are *INSANE*, and half the parts aren't even available any more :(

Reply to
Nom

I drive a 200bhp Turbo, but it's not a Saab.

You don't know what a Lotus Carlton is then.

Reply to
Nom

Sat for 9 years ? bet its bollocksed.

Reply to
Mark Craft

run one as a racer and do pretty much most the parts for them, having said that you are looking at nearly £200 for a set of front brake pads, £150 for a set of rears...

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Most, but not all.

Hence "maintainence costs are *INSANE*" :)

Reply to
Nom

I demand that you build the first LC Estate. :)

Reply to
Doki

Well yes, that is one of the down sides of LC ownership - even a pair of brake discs are something like £500. Or that might even be for brake pads!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well I've got a 2 litre CDX Carlton Estate with pretty good bodywork, which would be an ideal base for a proper conversion. What it needs, and what Lotus need, is to do it all for me, like they did with that Lada on Top Gear. A proper conversion. Pretty much redesigning the whole car - suspension, brakes, etc, the whole lot. And the small matter of a 3.6 ltire

24v twin-turbo engine.

Personally I think Lotus *really* need me to volunteer for this project by letting them do that to my car, as it would then give them a working prototype, plus all the publicity something like that being on Top Gear would bring, and they would have a serious contender for the RS6 Estate, if a little retro looking.

If anyone from Lotus is reading this, you know what to do - just hit the reply button :-))

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And in other news AstraVanMan is quoted as saying:

The brother was lookin to do the clutch in his

Plate clutch pressure with release bearing-£679.00 + vat(exchange) Clutch plate-£165.00 +vat Fork-£140.00+vat Pivot-£45.00

Ouch!

Reply to
Chet

Write to Top Gear/5th Gear/Rev Bobs Torque show etc. See if they will do it as a build detail like they did with a Lada.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo